Forums Latest Members

Re-stitching an OEM Omega Band: Which One?

1. fskywalker Jul 10, 2019

I'm considering having a black alligator OEM Omega band which has black stitches (like the one shown below) change to white stitches. Does anyone know what wire / thread size and material is used by them? Wax or unwaxed? Someone recommended to check Rocky Mountain Leather Supply (www.rmleathersupply.com) but not sure which one to pick!

IMG_5205.jpeg IMG_8273.JPG

2. s2000_driver Jul 12, 2019

Are you planning to do this yourself? If you want the best, go with Fil Au Chinois 632 or 832. If you want something cost effective, go with Twist Masterfil Waxed Linen .45mm. Waxing linen thread lightly is always a good idea as it helps with stitching and provides some protection from water. Polyester thread is a different story. Twist Polybraid .45mm in white is not very bright and is thicker than the .45mm Linen. I wouldn't use thick thread on a 20mm alligator strap. Rocky Mountain guys are great. Excellent service and products.

District Leather Supply is very good as well. They carry Vinymo polyester thread which is a good option for you. It is not as tightly braided as the Twist Polybraid but does the job. Their white is bright. Waxing this one is a must IMO. Hope this helps. Any other questions, feel free to PM me!

ConElPueblo, Spruce, Pun and 2 others like this.
  3. fskywalker Jul 12, 2019

Thanks for the information! Yes if decide to move forward will be a DIY job :)

4. fskywalker Apr 11, 2020

As a follow-up question, what would you recommend to re-stitch an Omega Rubber band? Nylon perhaps? Rocky Mountain 0.55mm Twist - PolyBraid Premium Braided Polyester Thread?

https://www.rmleathersupply.com/col...read-buy-5-get-6th-free?variant=5829132156957

Below is the band am looking at

IMG_7306.JPG

Thanks

Edited Apr 12, 2020
  5. s2000_driver Apr 14, 2020

fskywalker likes this.
  6. RARJ May 12, 2020

I restitched my Deep Black's rubber strap with black "ballistic nylon" thread meant for cordura and nylon repair (motorcycle jackets, tents, backpacks, etc). Turned out great and was easy to do. I've restitched a few straps and really like being able to totally change the look but still use an otherwise OEM strap. PO Deep Black.jpg

fskywalker likes this.