Forums Latest Members

Rare solid 9ct Gold Omega Buckle 16mm 1960's

1. Dablitzer Apr 29, 2014

Respectable members:

Up for grabs is a nice untouched original solid 9ct gold buckle from a watch bought in the 1960's.

The buckle measures 16mm, and as you can see from the pictures has a steel expander bar. But has the original gold tongue. The buckle has a nice weight to it.

The inside of the buckle has the letters MWF (Montal Watch Fittings). I believe this is a company that made buckles for Omega in the UK to save on high import duties at that time, a bit like Dennison. There are hallmarks on the side of the buckle. The letters P perhaps make it around 1964. And a Birmingham hallmark. 9 and .375 is marked as the gold content.

The buckle is quite dirty and could do with a clean as it is tarnished. I will leave alone and sell it like this so it can be cleaned or polished at your discretion. It's in vintage untouched condition.

I am asking £150 Ono for the buckle including shipping in the UK. For international shipping please inbox me and let me know your shipping preference. Payment via PayPal only please.

Please check the reviews section for references, I have not sold anything for a while, but there should be some reviews there somewhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dablitzer Apr 29, 2014

OHPF's...

3. Dablitzer Apr 29, 2014

SOLD - Thanks to OF's and member :)