Forums Latest Members

FS Rare Rolex Scientific 3009 sector enamel dial in solid gold

1. reficul_x Dec 2, 2018

On sale today is something that you will rarely see, let alone for sale.

This particular watch was marketed for professionals for scientific with a need for accuracy, a chronometer movement with inner Arabic numerals, tracks for hours and separate minutes, outer track calibrated for 5ths of a second, blued steel hour and minute hands, red central seconds hand

The seconds hand is mounted in the centre to give a clear indication of the 5ths of a second that the dial is calibrated to, this is powered indirectly from the movement with an extra train of wheels. It has an 'exotic' enamel dial rare and unusual in its Scientific configuration and not susceptible to the normal deterioration due to atmospheric conditions and time. Lastly it is cased in the 'Oyster' style case typical for what followed and came known as the 'tool' watches for professional use.

I have mounted it on a beautiful beads bracelet made by Gemex, with an ingenious triple fold clasp (for ease of wearing) and with a hidden adjustable (to compensate for hot weather) extension.

Overall condition is amazing, well preserved piece. Tiny hairline crack on the dial is unavoidable as this is an enamel dial (that is sticked to a brass base dial). The brass base being metal, expands/ contract more than the enamel top and hence the hairline crack due to normal wear and tear. This is a testimonial of an all original unmolested or tampered piece.

I have deliberately left the patina on the gold case untouched.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am asking for USD10,500 wired, fedex shipped to your doorstep.

Please email me at reficul_x AT yahoo.com
    Returns if grossly misrepresented.

Edited Dec 15, 2018
    Noisy Nova and tmw57 like this.
  2. reficul_x Dec 9, 2018

REDUCED to USD11k, and may accept trades

3. reficul_x Dec 15, 2018

REDUCED to USD 10,500.....

4. airansun In the shuffling madness Dec 15, 2018

Beautiful watch. Could you post a couple of photos of the clasp?

reficul_x and pianomankd like this.
  5. reficul_x Dec 16, 2018

8CAB07B1-819B-4998-8D63-626FF9AD8A38.jpeg 4BADC2DF-47BE-40E1-A2E1-8C1FC1C4171C.jpeg 8ADE2A14-A049-4D6A-8704-B1EDCB26BABF.jpeg Sure! Look at how cool the bracelet clasp is... buy it for the bracelet!

Noisy Nova and airansun like this.