Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rare Omega Watch Company Watchmaker Tool Set -- Doesn't Get More Collectible Than This- $300 Obo

1. woodwkr2 Jan 14, 2012

Hi Y'all,
    Long time lurker here. I have an interesting set of Omega tools that I'm offering for sale, and would really love to see end up in the hands of a fellow collector who really appreciates them. They're up on the Bay, but I'd happily pull them for someone here. PM me if you're interested or with questions.
    ---------------
    I was lucky enough to be invited to a very special dinner that the Omega Watch Company hosted. After cocktails and before dinner service, we were given these beautiful watchmaker tool kits and taken over to a long table where watchmaker desk lamps were installed at each seat. There, we got to disassemble, piece by piece, an Omega Sea Master using these tools. All the while, several of Omega's Level 3 and 4 watchmakers were circulating through the room answering questions and helping us when we got stuck. Everyone at the table was a rank amateur, so needless to say, in 20 minutes or so of working on the watch, most of us hadn't gotten too far. We were then treated to an exclusive presentation about some of the latest horological ideas that Omega's master watchmakers were working on back in Switzerland, along with a brief history of the Tourbillon. Eventually dinner was served, but by that point, food was sort of an after thought for the evening.

Since that night, I've actually ventured into vintage watch repair and restoration and learned quite a lot. However, I've never touched this set of tools, even as I went out and bought new movement holders, tweezers, screwdrivers, etc. I'm not sure why I never used the Omega set again, come to think of it... but for some reason, it always seemed too nice, like too much of a collector's item to actually use.

So with that background, I offer them up to you, fellow watch enthusiast and Omega Collector. These little tool sets are not available for sale anywhere. You could go visit the Omega House in Switzerland and you wouldn't be able to find a set. To my knowledge the only way of getting one is by being invited to one of their watchmaker dinners.

With that bit of history, here's what you'll find inside:
    • One pair of shimery brown microfiber Omega presentation gloves--used for handling watches without getting them grimy with finger oils
    • One pair of Brass watchmaker tweezers marked Peer-Vigor Switzerland in the AM pattern; these come with the screw-on protective plastic cap
    • One polished, double-sided and adjustable movement holder; this is not stamped but is surely made by Bergeon or Horotec--they are identical
    • Three Swiss made Bergeon watchmaker screwdrivers in sizes: 140, 120, & 80
    • One brochure entitled "Glossary of Omega Terms" which is as cool as it is handy; this was so that when the watchmaker used some horological term like "rattrapante" or "chronograph cam system" we could discretely look up its meaning and follow along.
    • One Omega Presentation box, which, if you can't tell from the pictures, is a very high quality little box. It has a beautiful matte black covering with the red Omega logo in a red metallic printing on front. Inside, each tool has it's own perfectly fitted cut-out lined in foam and a velvety material that cradles them and keeps everything secure. 1.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

2. woodwkr2 Feb 4, 2012

Price Lowered!! $250 OBO.

3. Bogs2 May 20, 2012

Was this sold?

4. woodwkr2 May 20, 2012

It's still available. Please message me if interested. Cheers!

5. woodwkr2 Jul 1, 2012

This was sold off the forum. Thanks all.