Forums Latest Members
  1. Michael.M May 15, 2015

image8.jpeg Hello everyone!
    I had from my grandfather this Omega Constellation with a diapason movement, i have found very little about this particular model on the internet, and never with the day-date complication. The date is in Italian ( my country) and the watch is in wonderful condition.
    I would like to know more about this Omega in general, is it this rare?? how much is worth? unfortunately i do not find his case, do you guys think it will ever be possible to find one ? and at what price?

Thanks to everyone!!
    cheers,
    Michael

image10.jpeg image11.jpeg image12.jpeg
    dsio and ConElPueblo like this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry May 15, 2015

Michael

This is a beautiful piece and and in what would appear to be outstanding condition, it is 18ct Gold and looking at it appear to have never been worn or certainly if it has then worn very little. There is some good news for you and some bad.

The Good news: it is a valuable watch, the scrap weight will be around 120 - 140grams of gold (excluding the movement, glass etc, so you have over £2000 worth of gold in the watch. The condition from the pictures shows a museum quality piece

The bad news: F300 models in 18ct are not enormously desirable (the steel version is worth around £500) to value wise it really would pitch in at scrap + maybe 5% to the right buyer

It is a lovely thing and I would hate to see it scrapped, it would be a travesty

I hope this help

Michael.M likes this.
  3. webvan May 15, 2015

Michael.M likes this.
  4. Michael.M May 17, 2015

thank you very much for your kind (and useful :) ) answers!

5. webvan May 17, 2015

Sure, your post reminded me of my somewhat neglected BA 198.003 so I wore it today. Same as this one except on a nicer brown lizard strap ;-) Probably easier to wear than yours but I've still added it to my "list" !

[​IMG]

Michael.M likes this.
  6. ConElPueblo May 17, 2015

That is magnificient! What condition! And such a gorgeous dial, too!

Michael.M likes this.
  7. Michael.M May 17, 2015

thanks!

Do you think is possible to have a leather strap also with my unusual lug configuration??
    P.S: very glad to have inspired you :)!

8. Tom Dick and Harry May 17, 2015

Michael, it isn't possible to fit a leather band to your model unless you commissioned someone like ABP to make it but it would be a nightmare endeavour for them

9. webvan May 18, 2015

Omega have (had) that in store for you, the similarly dialed BA. 198.0022 with calibre 1250 (no day) ;-)

[​IMG]

Michael.M likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 18, 2015

What an incredible piece

Michael.M likes this.