Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rare ETERNA Kontiki super, ref 130FTP-3

1. Kwijibo Apr 4, 2016

Hi guys

I have to sell my Eterna Kontiki diver. It's rather rare in this condition.
    full description :
    - stainless steel case of course, never over polished, sharp and original angles.
    -medallion of the back is like new, not polished
    -screw down crown is original I guess, at that time there were no ball bearing, it screws in perfectly;
    - movement is an eterna 1489K in superb condition.
    - Never saw an original bezel in such a condition, rotating fine
    - yeterday data : 280°, +2s; 0,2MS with dial up
    - crystal is original and signed, shows some tiny scratches but honnestly nothing awful. no deep scrathes.
    - Original steel bracelet as shown on picture. I have not polished it so as not to remove anything. Croc strap is just for presentation, I keep it. clasp is clipping perfectly

Feel free to ask any question
    Asking 3000 dollars shipped or best price as it's a rare piece in this condition. Paypal or bankwire only
    Free shipping worldwide with insurance

IMAG0341.jpg IMAG0342.jpg IMAG0340.jpg IMAG0345.jpg IMAG0344.jpg IMAG0346.jpg IMAG0347.jpg IMAG0348.jpg IMAG0349.jpg IMAG0350.jpg IMAG0351.jpg IMAG0343.jpg
  2. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Apr 4, 2016

Beautiful diver! What is the size of its case? GLWS!

3. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2016

Hi
    Great watch, is the dial all original? it looks good , but some of the lum looks a little sloppy but the numbers are painted on top of the lum and they look right to me if i remember correctly like 39 mm , great case sits high on the wrist ! classic bracelet from GF...

i am interested.

thanks

bill

4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 4, 2016

Nice example. The lume looks good to me. This is one of my favorite divers - very muscular on the wrist, excellent bracelet, generally undervalued and hard to find in this condition. I own one in similar condition, but I haven't seen many more like this. GLWS!
    BTW, perhaps you should list this in the "Private Watch Sales" subforum.

5. Kwijibo Apr 4, 2016

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry for two things. I posted in the wrong section, so I had not seen you posts... I put the ad in the right section. I insepcted the dial carrefuly and I think it has not been touched. The real color of the lume is like egg shell. The black is mirror finish. SIze is about 38, I don't remember exactly and let it at th office... I'm at home know. I'll confirm tomorrow if you wish.
    Bill, I often saw that about the sloopy markers, it often "melt" with time. I Have a few other divers, more basic ones that did exactly the same thing. I'll post a few pictures.
    EDIT : see that dial. Well there's a white background behind the tritium but the tritium itself is also kind of melted or distorted. i'm sorry the pic is crappy. it's less obvious.
    IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    The only thing that I don't understand is the hour hand that looks greener. on all those that I saw the lum was ugly or the bezel destroyed. I'm glad the back is also in very good condition. here's another pic. See the details :)
    I sell it because I'd like to catch a SM300 in a f.... state. IMAG0355.jpg

Edited Apr 4, 2016
  6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2016

HI
    fyi that is a dial for a different watch right ?

best

bill

7. Kwijibo Apr 4, 2016

the one that I've just posted? Yes it's modest diver that I'm restoring. Almost finished. that was just an exemple of aged makers : see the One oclock one, it's almost as it had moved. May be due to humidity. What does the privet sale changes?
    exemple of other dials that aged the same way :
    IMG_2327.jpg

image31447 (1).jpg IMG_2332.jpg
    Edited Apr 4, 2016
    gummo likes this.