Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rare 1960's Benrus Sea Lord - Orange Dial

1. bristnj Oct 6, 2022

I’ve been on a bit of a buying spree lately, and unfortunately I have to let a few pieces go from my death clutch’s! :confused: I have for sale a rarely seen orange dialed Benrus Sea Lord Diver in amazing condition. Sea Lords are rare in their own right, but this is one of the few orange versions I’ve seen on the vintage market, and none as clean as this one!

Specs:
    - 1960’s Benrus Sea Lord Diver
    - Ref. 7092
    - Caliber FE2D1 (Eta 2451) Automatic
    - Size: 35.5mm with 18mm lugs
    - Balelite Bezel
    - Fitted on a Benrus signed BoR bracelet.

Watch appears to be 100% original, with creamy lume, and showing very little signs of wear. Beautifully designed with simple and desirable no date dial, perfect bakelite bezel and a cool 2 piece case (aka: top loader) where movement is accessed by removing original crystal. Watch has been serviced and is running well and keeping excellent time.

From the Benrus History Page: Sea Lord

With the continued success of the Ultra Deep models, which were varied in design and housed in different cases, BENRUS took the Sea Lord into new territory by designing a concurrent line of watches, which added more depth in models ranging from full on dive pieces to more dress-oriented models while retaining the same case. The more standardized case with different bezel and dial options developed later on within the brand. The Sea Lord models were available throughout the 60s-70s.

Asking price is $2450 via Bank Wire, Zelle, Venmo or PayPal Friends/Family + shipping (via UPS or USPS) with ParcelPro insurance.

Many positive selling and buying references here and elsewhere too.

Feel free to message me with questions or for more pics or info.

Thank you for looking! Jeff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bristnj Oct 7, 2022

SOLD - Thank you to OF for the space and to the new owner for a smooth transaction!

Gefa, X350 XJR and JwRosenthal like this.
  3. janice&fred Oct 7, 2022

Lord have mercy! What a stunner!

bristnj likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Oct 7, 2022

I was actually talking about this piece with another member here via PM. The Benrus Sea Lord divers are super rare on their own- then you have this…can’t even begin to find comps to know how to put a price on it.

YYTIN and bristnj like this.
  5. Davidt Oct 7, 2022

Very glad I didn’t see this one while it was available.

Congrats to buyer.

Gefa, JwRosenthal and bristnj like this.
  6. janice&fred Oct 7, 2022

Then one has to figure in the seller's example vs whatever else might be out there. Jeff manages to always have the best-of-the-best pieces. I'm not jealous or anything but the guy constantly makes me grind my teeth on the "what are you wearing" thread!

omegaswisst, bristnj and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. bristnj Oct 7, 2022

You are too kind sir! As a wise man once told me, patience is the companion of wisdom. That being said, this example was really, really outstanding and agree difficult to price. But in the end, better to be fair and have it go to a good home and stay "in the family". Its getting harder and harder for me to sell stuff - I must be getting old and becoming a hoarder! To take that one step further, I'm sure the funds from this sale will buy something else I can't resist! ::facepalm1::

8. JwRosenthal Oct 7, 2022

I am going through the purge agony myself right now- I keep looking at my overflowing drawers (watches- please refrain from poop jokes, Fred), and try to limit myself to only what I can hold in them which is 70 watches…which is still an insane number when I think about it. But I stare at them and think “oh, I can’t sell that becuase that’s part of a sub-set, or that was only made for one year, or not worth selling that becuase I’ll only get a few bucks for it might as well keep it”….ugh

WVE, YYTIN, Gefa and 1 other person like this.
  9. bristnj Oct 7, 2022

I see we have the same voice in our head! ;)

studeb, YYTIN, Gefa and 1 other person like this.