Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rare 18K White Gold OMEGA Constellation Ref. BC 368.4098 18K Mesh Bracelet

1. MikeMan2727 Dec 19, 2017

This one is a tough one to let go, but I need to free up some watch funds going into the New Year.

For your consideration is a very rare Omega Constellation in 18K white gold with integrated 18K white gold bracelet. Earlier this year, Desmond did an excellent blog post discussing the historical importance of this watch HERE.

The reference number BC 368.4098 is a one-of-a-kind reference. Using the Omega charts, the reference prefix signifies:

BC = 18K white gold
    3 = gent's bracelet watch
    6 = self-winding centre-second
    8 = water-resistant chronometre calendar

Case: Overall, the watch appears to be nearly unworn. There are a few hairlines here and there but it appears that the watch rarely left the safe. The case is a comfortable 35 mm without the semi-hidden crown.

Crown: Original signed semi-hidden crown.

Crystal: Original, marked crystal.

Caseback: Excellent condition screw down caseback. There are some minor scratches from prior opening but the caseback retains its original factory polished appearance. The observatory logo is perfect, retaining original embossing.

Movement: Clean appearing cal. 564 movement with 27mil serial number. The Extract which is included with the purchase shows delivery to Switzerland in 1969. I do not know the service history of this watch but it has been running well in my possession. Service is always recommended if you plan on wearing this one daily.

Dial: Original unrestored dial in excellent overall condition with applied white gold and onyx markers. Dial is marked “T Swiss Made T”. All lume plots are intact. The lume on the hands is a slightly lighter tone, but I am fairly certain the hands are original to watch, given that all other components are Mint, including original signed crystal.

Crystal: Marked crystal, original to watch.

Bracelet: Solid incorporated 18K white gold bracelet. The mesh is intricately woven and in fantastic condition. The detailing on the clasp is stunning. Bracelet is 18mm wide at the lugs. Total length measures 7.375” or 187.3 mm.

For this rare and important piece, I am asking $7800 via bank wire or PP Friends and Family for established members. Free shipping in the USA. International shipping to be discussed but I can split shipping costs. Returns not accepted unless grossly misrepresented.

I have had transactions on this forum and have hundreds of transactions on eBay, all with positive feedback. Included with this watch is the Extract (not pictured). I have attached a digital Extract below.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg connie3.jpg connie4.jpg Request 22191.PNG

Edited Dec 19, 2017
  2. Seaborg Dec 19, 2017

Amazing one !

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 19, 2017

beautiful Connie
    GLWS.

4. kkt Dec 19, 2017

Wow. GLWS.

5. MikeMan2727 Dec 20, 2017

Thanks guys! It looks even better in real life!

6. MikeMan2727 Dec 22, 2017

Bump! I would also consider a trade down + cash from buyer.

7. MikeMan2727 Dec 28, 2017

Happy holidays!

8. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 29, 2017

Mike, what wrist sizes will the watch & bracelet accomodate in its current state?

9. MikeMan2727 Dec 31, 2017

My wrist measures 167 mm. On the tightest clasp setting, the bracelet slides freely on my wrist but does not spin at all. It is a comfortable fit.

On the looser setting, the bracelet will fit a wrist of up to 180 mm. I got this by moving the watch up on my forearm and measuring my arm at the point where it is tight.

I would say for a comfortable fit, this watch is best suited to those with wrist sizes between 6.5" and a little over 7".

10. MikeMan2727 Jan 1, 2018

This one is now OHPF!

BenBagbag likes this.