Forums Latest Members
  1. ozmega Aug 9, 2017

Here's my Ranchero I've had for about 10 years.

Was down at the watchmakers yesterday with my SM300, so took this along as well and got him to open it up for a few pics.

Would love to hear what other members think of it, and some appraisals of what it might be worth in todays market.

Cheers all,

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG
  2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Aug 9, 2017

Missing the Broad Arrow Hands. Crown has been changed as well. Movement number at 152xxxxx is on the low side. Need @pitpro to ad a comment. Value........ rising every day if they are correct.

IMG_5345.JPG

3. ozmega Aug 9, 2017

I've had the comment about the crown before, but check out this link from the Omega museum:

http://www.omegamuseum.com/sites/default/files/Ranchero_new.JPG

Plenty of Rancheros came out with dauphine hands it seems, especially white ones, but I agree the broad arrow hands look the goods.

I ran the Omega case/ref number search back in the day when I bought it, and always checked the serial number dates were in the range, so hopefully I got it right.

My biggest regret was the dial discoloration, and often toyed with the idea of trying to clean it, but was never game in case it was ruined.

Edited Aug 9, 2017
  4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Aug 9, 2017

As far as the crown is concerned, I've seen quite a few with that style crown so it's possible its original or maybe an early replacement.
    As far as the hands, I agree with Gemini4. Although some of the ref 2990 came with dauphine hands, the shape of the lume groove is different on original hands compared to yours.

5. ozmega Aug 9, 2017

Hmmm....

Fair enough.

While I believe the crown is correct, now it's been mentioned I think the hands do look like an afterthought.

It would be nice to get a set. Any suggestions where?

6. redpcar Aug 9, 2017

Correct hands are big bucks. There have been a few threads on this here. Been selling for over $1K on ebay.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 9, 2017

8. ozmega Aug 9, 2017

Yes it does mate, and thank you.

I'll just keep my feelers out for the hands....can't have it all improper and whatnot