Forums Latest Members
  1. selfmader Jun 12, 2014

Hi Guys,

with my first post out this interesting forum, which i stumbled upon while gathering information about the very watch, I'm asking for your opinion and advice.

A couple of days ago i was "lucky" to win an eBay bidding on this omega ranchero from about 1972 running on a 1030 caliber.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Omega-Ranche...soires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item3a90cb4c4ePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Not dealing with vintage omegas before I really liked the simple look, the 45mm size and the case. But after the surprising winning notification i have done some research and cant find a second one like this on the whole net! The Belgium re-launch often dates with 1976 and the hands & the "monocoque" case seem different, so to say.

The seller (which seems very professional and offers many interesting vintage watches from collections) unfortunately couldn't help as he has no information on the watch, his in-house watchmaker said that everything seems original and "matching". I was offered to step back from the bid if I'm not sure because he also can't guarantee.

Looking for your professional, trained eye opinion on that very model in the link .

Thanks!

2. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 12, 2014

"This listing (251537345614) has been removed, or this item is not available."

3. rolexfantastic Jun 13, 2014

Here's the original listing: http://www.ebay.de/itm/251537345614Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The South American Ranchero was discussed from time to time here, which is great because it is a rare watch worth to collect.
    From what i recall, the european version was not, or not that much.
    In 1976, the Ranchero collection was revived by the Omega's Belgium agent, Ultimo.
    The belgian Ranchero had a hand wound and an automatic line, both installed in Seamaster cases.
    The manual version had case ref. 136.0106 and was powered by cal. 1030, while the automatic ref. 166.0218, cal. 1012. There are known a few dial variation, while the case had a gold plated version too. Both had screw in back cases (not monocoque).

Unfortunately, the one you bought is not the real deal. The dial an movement (at best), were reinstalled in a new case. The hands are not correct either for the belgian Ranchero.

4. selfmader Jun 13, 2014

@rolexfantastic

thank you for the quick opinion, the info and the listing correction! Now im sure that I will cancel the purchase!