Forums Latest Members
  1. omega-me Aug 28, 2016

Hello,
    I have 2 old Raketa watches

[​IMG]

I would like to know what model they are. The left one is a Quartz-watch, the other is a manual watch. There are some numbers inside them, but I don't think they are the model number.
    Is there any Raketa expert who can help me?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 28, 2016

The one on the right matches a 1985 Model "Petrodvorets Classic". So yours was in production at least then. It's also referred to as "the big zero"

They have Russian in house movements, at least currently, they are one of 5 watch makers that actually produce everything in their watch in their own factory including hair springs. Kinda neat. Oh they are Russian.

Best bet is use Google and google translate to read about then. My bet is most info will be in Russian. FYI you can translate the whole page with googles translate feature using the url.

Do your own research and report back what you find so w can all learn. :)

Edited Aug 28, 2016
    omega-me likes this.
  3. omega-me Aug 28, 2016

I found a description of the one on the left, which seems the Raketa Moonphase (I think this is the name of the model).

This is a Raketa MOON PHASE wristwatch. It was made in the 1980s.
    -the case of the watch is made of the chromium plated brass
    -stainless steel back
    -phases of the moon
    -USSR high grade jeweled gold plated movement cal. 2359 (QUARTZ)
    -quick adjustment of the function of the phases of the moon

Overall dimensions are:
    -length - 41mm
    -width with crown - 38mm
    -thickness - 10mm
    -watch crystal diameter - 31mm

Thanks to Image search and this page :)

I also found some details of the one on the right. It is the Petrodvorets Classic, but you can easily find it looking for "Raketa Zero" or "Raketa Big Zero", a sort of nickname of this watch due to his big numbers on the dial:

Crome plated brass case with acrylic cristal
    Size of case: 38mm diameter x 10mm thickness
    Movement: Raketa 2609HA hand winding mechanical movement, a 17 or 19 jewel hand-wound movement with a frequency of 18,000bph.
    Release year: 1985

They don't seem to have a big value. You can find the Moonphase from about 50$ to 120$ while the "Big Zero" is worth about 50-70$.

Edited Aug 28, 2016