Forums Latest Members

Rainbow Flyback. Lost bezel lume Pip

1. Tonyash Jan 26, 2020

This is one of my favourite, most regularly worn, watches and I noticed yesterday the bezel lume pip has gone awol. I remember the watch getting a big knock a few days back but didn't notice anything amiss at the time. First world problem, I know, but really like this watch and would prefer it in fully pipped condition if possible.
    My questions are do Zenith make bezel pip replacements for discontinued models?. if not is there a suitable alternative that can be fitted to these watches?, I am aware there are loads of aftermarket Rolex/Seiko pips floating around the net..
    Thanks in advance.
    NtOdSmvKTgWY8NapyoZpJA.jpg .

2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jan 26, 2020

Your dot was probably TT.

3. Tonyash Jan 26, 2020

In place the dot looked like this. Suspect it was tritium like the dial but not expecting to source a tritium replacement although that would be awesome obviously. Would be happy with something that looks the part..... OvJbAZoyR1S+Zqd08w58fA.jpg

4. bradurani Jun 8, 2020

Did you find a solution for this? Mine has the same problem ☹️

5. Tonyash Jun 8, 2020

I did find a seller on Ebay who had correct replacement bezel inserts for sale with a luminova pip. Unfortunately these were approx $AU600 which was a bit much when my insert is good apart from the pip so I passed on that. I think those inserts are now all sold.
    After a discussion with my watchmaker he can make up a new pip and colour match it to the hand lume while the watch is in for a service. Won't be luminous but will fill the empty space, look the part and cost me a lot less than a replacement insert. Pretty happy with that. Cheers.