Forums Latest Members
  1. Drax Jun 12, 2012

I've been putting a bit of cash away for my sons 21'st.

I want to buy him a new watch and the budget is £1k - Any ideas what I should get him?

He doesn't know that I'm buying him a watch so any suggestions?

Previously, he'd shown an interest in Tag Heur but now he's mentioned Rado?

I know that £995 only gets you the Tag Aqua Racer but its whithin the budget. (It was only £950 6 weeks ago. Grrr!)

Tag seems a more recognised /more easily serviced brand?

Thanks in advance

D:)

2. ulackfocus Jun 12, 2012

Both TAG and Rado use easily serviced movements mostly. You are correct that TAG is a more recognized brand. The Aquaracer is a pretty nice watch. Which Rado are you considering? They're starting to gain popularity because of the colors the ceramic case & bracelet come in.

Your budget converts into $1558 in US dollars, which would be enough to get a very nice Breilting Colt automatic, possibly a Super Ocean. Just looked at one today in the pre-owned case of an AD we do business with and it was a sharp watch. Blue dial with the concentric circle pattern, applied numbers (I think), Pro 2 bracelet.... pretty damn sharp. I think they wanted $2100 for it, but that's asking price and you should be able to snag one within your limit.

3. Drax Jun 14, 2012

Thanks for the reply ulackfocus. Very informative.

Will do a bit more research for watches in the price bracket. The Rado seem quite expensive with the newer models almost at Omega entry level prices.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 14, 2012

You can get a Seamaster Pro 2531.80 in that price range (used)

OmegaSMP_2531.80_outside1.jpg