Rado Golden Horse Limited Edition Red

Rado Boutique here has this watch available and that’s really very good looking watch indeed. I’m trying to get some reviews and/or comment from our forum but can’t find any thread in search option.
I wonder if some Rado experts mind joining here and help me take a call in this watch

Bought it. It’s amazing dial indeed. Very vintage 1960s vibes.
Edited:

This one caught my eye. I like that Rado resisted the trend to make modern sized heritage watches. I am not interested in a 40-42mm dress watch in a vintage style. At 36.5mm this is great. Maybe it is a little big for a mid-century dress watch, but is a nice compromise. The red is nice, but my favorite is the black on beads of rice.

Like it, the spinning anchor is a cool thing 👍

Few Philippine captains on boats I have cleared over the years seem to love Rado watches

Nearly bought one of these last year

Like it, the spinning anchor is a cool thing 👍

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in vintage Rados, the spinning anchor was actually a maintenance indicator - when the anchor stopped spinning it was time for a service.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in vintage Rados, the spinning anchor was actually a maintenance indicator - when the anchor stopped spinning it was time for a service.
Interesting information and if correct then very useful as well.

this new golden horse is over 14mm thick.

that seems awfully thick for a midsize dressy watch with a small L2L

the new cook seems a lil too thick as well

Quoting from this website: http://www.watchcarefully.com/articles/rado1.html

"The rotating logo on the dial of Rado automatic watches is an oft-overlooked feature (one of many) that helps set these watches apart from other automatics of the same era. A variation of Rado’s anchor emblem, the rotating logo is attached to the dial by means of a post, jutting from the rear of the anchor, that fits through a red bearing mounted on the dial. This construction mimics two elements of the watch’s automatic movement: a pinion seated in a ruby jewel and the swinging of the winding rotor. The logo swings freely and is not tied at all to the winding of the watch or its running. It is, however, a subtle and most interesting feature. The rotating version described here was first used in 1962; on some older products, the anchor symbol was simply printed. The anchor, representing the success of the automatic watches, is now an integral part of the Rado logo."

Over the last few years Rado have really upped their game, but this one is not for me.

I like Rados have a couple vintage ones that are so quirky I love them. Don’t get much wrist time lately. That is a very nice one you picked up.

Not a Rado expert, but picked up this Manhattan a few years ago and really like it. Gets lots of comments every time I wear it.

Some slick looking watches here.

Edited:

Gotta say, good on them for moving past the Miami Vice era.

this new golden horse is over 14mm thick.

that seems awfully thick for a midsize dressy watch with a small L2L

the new cook seems a lil too thick as well
This is not 14 mm thick as wrongly mentioned in one of the reviews. Below is taken from its website at Rado

Not a Rado expert, but picked up this Manhattan a few years ago and really like it. Gets lots of comments every time I wear it.

Some slick looking watches here.

Now I want this too.......

This is not 14 mm thick as wrongly mentioned in one of the reviews. Below is taken from its website at Rado

i wouldn't make up the 14mm. maybe somebody else was informed incorrectly and i followed suit after reading it?.

either that or is was a brain fart or i mistook it for the cptcook.

the real deals are in vintage..quite a few peeps want so much for a few of them they just sit there. but you can wheel and deal and find something really nice for a very low price

i wouldn't make up the 14mm. maybe somebody else was informed incorrectly and i followed suit after reading it?.

either that or is was a brain fart or i mistook it for the cptcook.
I tried to post twice the correct details at Fratellowatches where it’s mistakenly mentioned as 14.3mm thick but couldn’t succeed as apparently moderator didn’t approve it, or there was some other glitch.

I tried to post twice the correct details at Fratellowatches where it’s mistakenly mentioned as 14.3mm thick but couldn’t succeed as apparently moderator didn’t approve it, or there was some other glitch.

i knew i read it somewhere