Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2012

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d-dead-in-london/story-e6frfmq9-1226532724014

Turned out rather badly for everyone involved, I remember seeing it on the news just after it happened and being in disbelief that it actually worked, but to see that nurse kill herself just days later, leaving behind her husband and two teenage kids is rather shocking. It also somewhat mirrors what happened to Prince William himself, with two kids left without a mother in that case as well due to the greed of some members of the media.

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 7, 2012

Well, I missed the whole story up to now and I don't understand what motivated the nurse's suicide? Because she fell for a prank?

3. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2012

The nurse who gave out Kate's medical information killed herself over the radio prank where the two disc jockeys pretended to be from the Royal Family to get an update on Kate's morning sickness? That nurse had to have other deeper issues than just getting gamed by a radio stunt regardless of how poor taste it was.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 7, 2012

Agree, or she is the last of the samurai

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2012

Perhaps because her reputation and career at a prestigious hospital had been ruined.

6. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2012

I still say there's WAY more to it than that. Nurses can be made scapegoats, yet they can find another job with another hospital easily - and sometimes with the same hospital but in a different unit.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2012

Generally I agree, but this is a major and very high profile F-U.

8. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Dec 8, 2012

This nurse was only the one who passed on the call, not the one who actually gave out the information - I think there is something more that's going on here, I think it's too simple to just blame the DJs. It was an innocent prank with tragic consequences

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 9, 2012

I think it is so sad. She was humiliated in front of the whole world as being the one who fell for the hoax.

Talking to my Australian friend yesterday and it appears that this particular radio station has a reputation for stepping way over the mark. The story she told me about them was too horrific to put on an internet forum.

What makes it worse is that this call was recorded and the editorial staff gave it the green light for transmission. At least two of the station's major advertisers have pulled their accounts so I'm sure there are going to be repercussions.

10. ulackfocus Dec 9, 2012

Don't count on it. The same thing happened with stations that aired Howard Stern here in the US, but he was such a ratings draw that more companies signed on than pulled their advertising. Controversy raises rates.

11. Steve Dec 9, 2012

There have been many shock jocks over the years who have sailed pretty close to the wind, But this tragedy goes beyond an 'on air prank'
    the media must be to blame and to a certain extent social network sites.. that poor girl must have took some grief to have taken her own life.

12. MyVintageOmega Dec 9, 2012

The only thing worse then social cyber terror is Government sponsered cyber terror. Go ahead and ruffle some feathers or cause a tiff.......good luck at keeping your head.

13. porschefan Dec 9, 2012

...and yet no one that Stern has offended has comitted suicide...

14. ulackfocus Dec 9, 2012

That we know of. ;)

Okay, you have a point. I say let the family of that nurse kill the two disc jockeys and put it on Pay Per View with all proceeds going to the surviving members of the nurse's family.