Forums Latest Members
  1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 10, 2015

"I have a desire to help animals," Simon said in an interview with Reuters in 2014. "It's my money and I get to do what I want with it. It's an expensive hobby I picked up at the end of my life."

I normally wouldn't do a "rip" thread for a celebrity because I always thought it was a little...tacky.

But, man, this guy lived life. He was like the real life version of the "World's Most Interesting Man" but waaaaaay more interesting.

Anyone not familiar with his life story should take a peek. This guy was a total boss.

He wound up bequeathing most of his fortune (and, it was a serious fortune) to dog and animal rescue and I know we have a ton of dog lovers here.

Rest well, Mr. Simon. I didn't know you but I wish I did...

Oh, and fuck you, cancer.

Tritium, DLT222, X350 XJR and 3 others like this.
  2. calalum Mar 10, 2015

I always have a lot of respect for these rich guys that basically give all of their money away tor good purposes. There are way too many wealthy people that just hoard money when it could be put to good use. How much money do they need to live those crazy lifestyles? Well, take that amount, triple it and use the rest for the common good. That seems to have been Sam's outlook. I liked his comment that he was giving all of his money away since his family members already had more than enough. Well done.