Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Jan 22, 2014

Gentlemen,

I have a Dynamic powered by a cal. 565 and the quickset date (pulling-pushing the crown) doesn't work anymore. I took it to my watchmaker who said it was a quick fix but he didn't have the part and that I could simply set the date by setting the watch to 12:05 and then back to 9:00 as many times I need (I guess that's the same we do with cal. 561?) until the part gets here. Do you see any major problems with this?

This is the second time I have an issue with this quickset date part (although not on the same watch) -- is this a part prone to breaking or something?

Thank you for your input!

Cheers,

Paulo

2. ulackfocus Jan 22, 2014

If not serviced properly, then it will be a problem.

3. dantaspaulo Jan 22, 2014

Thanks, Dennis. Funny thing is that in both cases the watches had been sold as 'serviced'. Got to stop trusting unknown sellers. :cautious:

Do you see any major problems in wearing the watch sans the quickset date part? Everything else works as it should and the date actually changes at 12. It seems my watchmaker won't be getting the part anytime soon, and my Dynamic is my let's-go-to-the-beach watch (plus it's the only one I own I am certain to be 100% water proof). :(

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 22, 2014

Yes.

Do not use the quick set date function when hands are positioned 9 pm to midnight.

dantaspaulo likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Jan 22, 2014

You can still use the watch, but if the quickset hasn't been serviced what makes you think the rest of the watch was? Never trust any eBay seller that says "serviced" in their listing unless you know them from the forums or elsewhere.

dantaspaulo likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2014

Parts for this movement are readily available, so it should be an easy fix. Assuming it's the date corrector her needs, there are 2 styles, and if you have the one style that can break, there may be a portion of it floating in the movement, if this is in fact the part that is damaged.

If you try to advance the date when the calendar is already engaged, then yes this part is prone to breaking. ;)

Cheers, Al

dantaspaulo likes this.
  7. dantaspaulo Jan 22, 2014

Actually, I've just had it serviced and my watchmaker said everything was OK but for the quickset part, which he ordered but would take a while to get here (2-3 months, due to customs delays) so he said I could just wear the watch and take it back to him when the part arrived so he could deal with the date thing -- he wouldn't be charging anything extra for that.

I was just wondering if there would be any risk of any damage to the movement if I worn the watch without the quickset function working. Also, meanwhile, if I want to set the date correctly, should I just do what my watchmaker suggested, i.e., setting the watch to 12:05am and then back to 11:45pm and so forth?

Thanks a lot for your help, gentlemen. :thumbsup: