Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jun 1, 2014

Here's one of those project watches that just keeps sucking money out of your pocket and which proves yet again that it is cheaper to find an example that's working rather than a project watch -- assuming you can find it all, and that's the hook, isn't it? It was the rarity of the piece that sucked me in - this example has several ultra-introvabile bits preserved, notably the several hands unique to this model and the bezel. I did see the lume damage to the lacquer of the dial, but I bought it anyway, nonrunning and without a look inside. I got what I deserved. I might have anticipated water damage in a diver, but the rust was extensive and the mainplate was bent. That's no joke when it involves a cal 95M - parts are not exactly easy to come by. In the end, no solution but to find a donor movement - that took a few months.

Well, here it is at long last, having cost a good bit more than I calculated I would put into it - as usual. The Movado ref 19041

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some sort of nuclear thing going on here
    [​IMG]

the uniquely quirky 95M
    [​IMG]

collecting obsessions start in strange places. This one began with a catalog page posted at O&P by britishshorthair
    cat2jewach.jpg

It has been fulfilled

[​IMG]

I find myself strangely tolerant of the dial damage. Perhaps it's the amount of sweat it has cost me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taybharr, Enzo, frere and 10 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 1, 2014

I don't like to be picky, but shouldn't the bracelet be on the black face chrono ;)

I just love those squiggly sub hands, they almost look alive, shivering to start timing.

Beautiful set Lou :thumbsup:

3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jun 1, 2014

This is the reason why I am not collecting ads and catalogs. :p

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 1, 2014

That surely is a bait for a very big quicksand..........

5. ulackfocus Jun 1, 2014

Lou, I hope someday you find the two straight chronograph hands to finish the watch. :D

6. woodwkr2 Jun 1, 2014

Well done, Lou--well done.

It always costs more than it seems to be worth, but then you start reflecting on how your efforts brought a rare vintage piece back from the dead. Always gives me a little thrill--feeling like I truly 'saved' one.

Cheers!

7. Dedalus Jun 2, 2014

I've never attempted to restore a vintage rarity like this (though I'd like to restore my VC (more sympathetically) one day.
    I really admire the patience, skill, and knowledge required to hunt down parts.

Must require equal amounts of this ::book::
    and this ::censored::

Stunning trio, Lou. And FWIW, I'll happily take 19068 or 19068-B off your hands for the RRP of $160 (or $175 on bracelet).
    Just let me know... :whistling:

8. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 2, 2014

well done Lou, it sure is a beauty and you have resurrected a great watch and it may have been pricey but that makes it worth it