Forums Latest Members
  1. Tuura990 Mar 5, 2018

What are your thoughts? Okay or stay away?

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 5, 2018

I am always afraid that they will "quick release" my watch when I'm not expecting it!
    I have always replaced them.
    Let me know how you fare.

Scarecrow Boat, Archer and DesignerV like this.
  3. SpeedieMan Mar 5, 2018

I think you need to use a special strap that accepts those (or compromise a strap to retrofit).

4. Tuura990 Mar 5, 2018

Not sure I'm going to do it, I have your same concern but they look interesting. Not to mention the strap needs to accept them.

5. stephen Pouliot Feb 3, 2022

Quick release spring bars are the way to go. In fact, I carefully make quick release cut outs on my normal straps to accommodate quick release spring bars. I change my watch bands depending upon the season - leather in Winter and silicone/nylon in Summer. That means changing the straps with quick release twice a year. I rotate 7 watches or one for every day of the week.

marco likes this.
  6. Braindrain Feb 3, 2022

A good SOP is to change your springbars every time you change your strap. Obv, that depends on frequency, but you get the idea. Every forum out there has had horror stories of old springbars failing and watches falling off wrists.

I (personally) don't know of any quality quick-release spring bar mfrs and from the good straps I've seen with them, they are an absolute pain in the a$$ to get out. I make it a point to cut them out using a pair of mini-side cutters and use good old regular springbars. Quality ones.

7. timoss Feb 3, 2022

I like them, but don't use them on every watch.

Walrus likes this.
  8. Walrus Feb 3, 2022

Ya just recently started ordering some decent straps. Well I mean like 40-70 dollar bands so not top tier you could spend 1,000’s on bands I know but even a decent Italian made band I got this week had QR’s installed. I used to be leery of them but I’m thinking that was unfounded.
    It’s not laziness Rado included a quality spring bar tool with my captain cook that makes the change quite easy and I don’t crawl around looking for spring bars very often when I change standard spring bars. I might avoid them on heavier watches but I’m glad I gave them a try it’s relatively new to me and I am thinking I was having contempt prior to investigation.

9. ArmbandUhr69 Feb 3, 2022

My Artisan Gator strap was supplied with QR springbars. Can't see any issues with the setup I have, noting that the strap was made for the bars so they do fit neatly.

10. tad Feb 4, 2022

Baltic provide a quick release mechanism on their beads of rice bracelets. So much easier and quicker plus it removes the risk of scratching the lugs. I’ve never had an issue with it coming loose at any time.
    7651E160-CCED-433B-A623-DA21B0944351.jpeg