Forums Latest Members
  1. rbird7282 May 14, 2012

2. ulackfocus May 14, 2012

It's already sky high. As nice as it is, anything over $350 for a gold filled case it too much IMO. MIke does a good job selling the story in his listings and he's a very good guy plus an honest merchant, but he gets top dollar for his watches so don't expect a bargain nor even anything around market price. That crown is a replacement and the case isn't as crisp as I'd like to see. Nice dial though. I've never had any issue with any 36K bph movement. I wear my Ultra-Chron occasionally and it's reliable and accurate with a smooth sweep. Just remember that the service interval will be more like 4 to 5 years instead of the 6 to 8 of a normal 19.8K to 28.8K bph watch. If not properly maintained, the ball bearings supporting the winding rotor will wear unevenly and cause the rotor to scratch the caseback. There's also a little tophat looking piece that connects the rotor to the shaft that the bearings spin against that can get worn. Make sure the watchmaker that does the service knows to use special lubrication in the escapement, especially on the pallet jewels, so no oil gets flung around off where it needs to be and into places it shouldn't be.

DaveK likes this.
  3. rbird7282 May 14, 2012

Thanks for the info Dennis.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 14, 2012

Moved to Longines topic (since we have one now ;))