Forums Latest Members
  1. Nauist Dec 6, 2018

I am looking at purchasing a Omega constellation manuf. Late 60s to early 70s.
    Upon looking at the watch the backplate seems to not be showing the stars. Possibly worn off. I am attaching photos, just wanted some additional eyes to look it over and let me know what you think. Inner workings all original, just cleaned professionaly and verified. Just unsure. Thank you for any help.

456.jpeg 455.jpeg 454.jpeg
  2. Biezmez Dec 7, 2018

Hiya
    The photo of the medallion is at a slightly awkward angle, would be easier with a better photo, but from what is provided I would say it is just worn. If you can get a better picture/different angle it might show all the stars.
    Regards
    Chris.

3. Khamenman Dec 7, 2018

Hello, I am relatively new here, but I am also a big fan of Connie, especially the underrated C-shape Connie.

About your connie that you have interest with, I would say it depends on the price. However, personally I prefer the full yellow gold c-shape connie as a dress watch because I think it looks the best in it. The case itself looks fine, but definitely polished. For the bezel, there are 2 types of bezel: plain one like this one, and fluted (or coin edge) bezel. This is completely personal, so it's up to you, but personally I prefer the coin edge bezel. For the handset, it looks fine as well, although I also prefer a fatter handset as I find this version of handset too skinny. For the date, I prefer not to have the magnifying glass, never a fan as I think it ruins the watch dial face by disrupting the focus from the dial as a whole. As the medallion at the back, it should have the 8 stars together with the observatory, so it's a pity that it has been polished away. These are all my opinion, but then again, if you like it and price is good then go for it.

Cheers and good luck!

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 7, 2018

Watch case looks like a partially melted ice cube. Over polished. The stars on the medallion were victims.

This is a shame, because the dial and hands look nice.

I would not buy this watch, there are much better examples out there.
    gatorcpa

Khamenman and connieseamaster like this.