Forums Latest Members
  1. Impondering Doesn't actually ponder all that much. Apr 7, 2015

I was considering bidding on this auction, but did not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OMEGA-CONSTELLATION-AUTOMATIC-PIE-PAN-DIAL-S-S-MENS-WATCH-CIRCA-1960S-/201311726814?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:3160&nma=true&si=U5LykicPZD3nOkMK%2FrzBHADrlYg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I had concerns about the rusty looking areas on the case. I have seen this on other vintage Omegas and suspect it is just crud, but wanted to ask you guys.

Also can you comment on the hands looking dark. I'm not sure if this is lighting. Any comments on condition of hands in general would be welcome.

[​IMG]

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 7, 2015

Case on that one looks very sharp. The colored areas on the case top look to be human funk and not rust. Should clean up nicely.

However there was some evidence of a failed gasket on the pictures of the back of the watch. That's quite common with the older "waterproof" watches. This corrosion will likely eat through the steel case someday, but you'll probably won't be around to see it. Then again, the case might clean off with a toothpick or a good soaking warm soap and water (without the movement, of course).

[​IMG]

I think it's an all original example, including the crown. Not in MSN pristine condition. But good enough to wear after an appropriate service, or at least an inspection by a watchmaker.

Good luck to the purchaser!
    gatorcpa