Forums Latest Members
  1. gwalker Jun 4, 2017

They were purchased from PXs in Fairbanks and one in okinawa. They were my grandparents and there are more watches. Just looking for values for insurance or even worth insuring since they sit in the safe and interested to see what the watches are worth. He also has several Rolex watches and omegas in the bank. I'm think these watches are at least 50 years old to fit the time frame. These will not be sold. Also I've been on TRF for a very long time with great references.

Edit the women's watch went through a very expensive resto about 10 years ago. I know there isn't really money to be made but the value to the family is priceless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 4, 2017

I'd say that seamaster is worth 2x the price of your sub... sry sea dweller? No cyclops.

Or basic research teach a man to fish right?

Looks like a bumper to me 353 cal reference 2627 waffle/ guilloche dial.l call circa 1952-53.

We would need to see a movement shot and back of the caseback. But 1.5k insurance maybe 900 if your lucky on eBay? Best I can offer with the pictures.

3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 4, 2017

I think the value of the Seamaster would be closer to $500 with refinished dial and replaced hands.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 4, 2017

I'm not so sure about a redial and new hands. But that's me the hands are spot on length and correct style. These waffle dials often look like redials.

5. Canuck Jun 4, 2017

Without seeing inside the case back of the ladie's Omega, this is a guess. This model appears to be from an extensive range of ladie's Omega watches that was fitted with 14-karat gold cases. The diamonds are too small to account for much value. This series was made from the early to mid 1960s. The crystal on the watch is made of synthetic sapphire, and the perimeter is nicely faceted as a gem stone would be. The series was called Sapphette by Omega. Unfortunately, the demand for antique and vintage ladie's watches is virtually non-existent, even for nice, good quality ones like the Omega. Replacement value for insurance purposes (assuming you were going to schedule it), would mean you should have it appraised. However, if it was lost or stolen, an equivalent replacement would likely be available for less than the appraised value of your Omega. Such is the demand for ladie's watches. The bracelet is a rhodium plated aftermarket model which doesn't add much to the value. Lots of karat gold ladie's watches sell for the scrap value in the case. Translates as, not very much. Nice, just the same.

I don't see enough of the Rolex to comment. The gent's Omega would appear to be an early to mid 50s bumper automatic with the date at the 6:00. This model occasionally is offered for sale on the OB, and it might be worth your checking the FOR SALE forums to get an idea of value.

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 4, 2017

From the pictures it looks like Omega and Automatic are skewed left but better pictures without flash would help. The hands look like the right length but most examples that I have seen and owned had dauphine hands.

8BCF3D98-099E-4CD0-9377-20C29935ED8A-216-00000013F71D8C3B.jpeg

Foo2rama likes this.