Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr. Xv3 Sep 8, 2014

I recently acquired a 13322 Omega, cased by Dennison from a forum member here that I am very happy with.

I am trying to learn a little more about the watch… and what it would have looked like in when it was sold. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated.

1. Would the watch have come with an Omega signed crown? I have seen some differing discussions on the matter… the seller stated that he believed the crown on there to be original and I believe him. I have, however, seem some posts mentioning signed crowns on Dennison cases. I have attached a picture from a UK seller of a similar watch with the same crown as mine, causing additional confusion.

2. Would the watch have been sold with a signed buckle? If so, what type?

3. What strap did these watches originally come with? I am leaning towards a dark brown/mahogany ostrich strap, but would welcome suggestions (and pics!) from owners of similar watches.

4. I have read the history on Dennison but if anyone has any additional info - I would appreciate it!

Again - I am very very happy with the watch and with the purchase experience from the seller… just trying to learn more about my new favorite Omega.

tcp IMG_2161_zpsb631a460.jpg
    1960 D Omega.JPG

the crown on my watch looks EXACTLY like this one...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr. Xv3 Sep 9, 2014

are these that much of an oddity?

3. Mr. Xv3 Sep 11, 2014

another question… would these watched have had an Omega etched crystal or plain?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 11, 2014

The Dennison cased watches are just not known of quite as well as they were a local market product so the reference doesn't ring a bell to many people, much like the US cased models

5. Mr. Xv3 Sep 11, 2014

I am coming to see that… not that it makes me like the watch any less. I discussed the watch with my local watchmaker - an older gent from Columbia - and he didn't know much about them either. He was intimately familiar with the cal 266 but had no idea if the watch would have had a signed crown or Omega crystal.

Thanks!