Forums Latest Members
  1. Hostile Grey Dec 30, 2016

Hey guys,
    This is my first time posting here on the forums, and I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on a 1953 Seamster. I read the posting guide, and will try my best to provide as much information as I can. The reason I'm asking is because I can't seem to find one with the same dial configuration anywhere on the internet.
    I currently own this watch, but I am not sold on the authenticity of it. After having done some research, it is a 2577-17 sc case, which matches other examples, however, the dial does not match. Could this be a redial? It also uses the Caliber 354 bumper movement. It is a gold capped case, and the dial appears to be a salmon/champagne color.
    I have searched the internet for weeks, and haven't been able to come up with anything. Any and all information/leads would be greatly appreciated! I will provide some pictures as well.
    Thanks,
    HG omega 3.JPG omega 2.JPG omega.jpg caseback.PNG back.PNG movement.PNG side.PNG

Edited Dec 30, 2016
    Canuck likes this.
  2. ConElPueblo Dec 31, 2016

I don't think that looks wrong, just lovely patinated :)

Here's my patinated Seamaster bumper (slightly different reference), which, like yours, started out having a light silver dial colour.

IMG_0597.JPG

Hostile Grey and Tom Dick like this.
  3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 31, 2016

It looks correct and it's a nice piece. There were many dial variations for the 2577 so this might be why you can't find one exactly like yours. The hour markers are a little more uncommon and the dial has aged from probably white to this salmon color.

Hostile Grey likes this.
  4. Hostile Grey Dec 31, 2016

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it a lot

5. Hostile Grey Dec 31, 2016

Thank you for the info! I am very glad to hear that, as I have grown very fond of it! Lovely Seamaster, by the way!