Forums Latest Members

Questionable tag lines & Shiny footprints

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 21, 2019

The below is taken from a knife forum I also am a member on. Posted by Sal Glesser the inventor of Spyderco

So if you could easily change the Spyderco to Omega and the knife world to the watch world.
    (With the Rolex bashing lately I thought it might resonate with some)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

Much of the hostility seems to be centered around the "round hole issue".

After listening to comments, discussion and much thought (which requires time becausae I'm sometimes slow), I have a request.

I am asking you to pull any tag lines or comments that could be percerived as hostile or antagonistic to other companies in the knife industry, while on our forums.

I realize that to many, it is an important issue, and I will admit to being sensitive myself, but a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

We have always tried to "leave shiny footprints" where ever we go. I personally have tried to avoid negative comments towards other companies. (No, I'm not perfect either [​IMG] ) I think it serves to keep thoughts about Spyderco and other companies more positive than negative.

If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, where Spyderco is concerened.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

—————————————

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28093&sid=dde449888fd5b6e19b168baf420c0fb7

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 21, 2019

It would be good to apply this in all areas of our lives. Thx Standy

STANDY likes this.
  3. larryganz The cable guy Nov 21, 2019

Shiny footprints always beats muddy or poo stained smears.

I like knives, but not enough to spend time on the knife forums. Here's my only Spyderco, bought in 1992 - Wayne Goddard micarta handle. I have a few Benchmade that are not quite as special, and a couple of Randall Made that are special but won't fit in a pocket.
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg

cicindela and STANDY like this.