Forums Latest Members

Question: Where do we go from here? Quality and simplicity in a collection.

1. atjfan Jul 20, 2015

I have also posted the on WUS but would appreciate your input as well.

'I will be selling the four watches in the box at the end of the month to further refine my collection. Rather than going for a higher headcount I find myself looking for a very refined grouping with the exception of the g-shock which has a earned the right to stick around.

What fits with the remaining pieces without seeming redundant? I like the looks of the GMT Master II but have not seen one in person."

[​IMG]

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 21, 2015

A decent dress watch?

3. base615 Jul 21, 2015

^ This.

A good vintage Constellation always looks quality.

4. atjfan Jul 21, 2015

The Constellation looks good but I have 7.5" wrist. Essentially I am trying to build that timeless or classic collection that will be passed down. The yellow diver and the citizen are daily drivers. The lume on the Deep Blue is really impressive. It replaced a yellow dial Seiko. The citizen is a way to test the waters on a pilots watch. I am swapping the black OEM strap out for a brown leather NATO or ZULU.

The Steinhart and two Debaufre watches are amazing pieces for the money and have a great presence on the wrist but at this point the four black dial dive/explorer watches seem too redundant given the headcount.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 21, 2015

Looks like you have the divers sorted with 3 omega divers. With your last post in mind. Look to classic others like a TAG Monaco in blue.

6. base615 Jul 21, 2015

If the Connie's too small and money's no object then the JLC Ultra Thin Moon is a classic and it'll be fine on a bigger wrist:

[​IMG]

Earl likes this.
  7. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 21, 2015

How about the new Omega Globemaster for 2015?

davidswiss and Buckeyes#1 like this.
  8. atjfan Jul 21, 2015

Those are definitely sharp choices. I'm primarily looking at watches in the 42 to 45 range. That is the hang up with the true 40mm subs. As a budding Omega fan, the Aqua Terra's are appealing but again seem redundant next to a PO.

This is a 42mm to give an idea of the bones the watch will hang off of.

Debaufre men's watch waterproof 300metre GMT 42mm atjfan trunkmonkeyschoolbus BOND NATO.JPG

9. marked Jul 24, 2015

Wow. Drool. Great photo and beautiful watch. Been wanting this one in rosegold!!