Question regarding my zenith authenticity

Hi,

Bought a vintage zenith respirator, I bought it here in Firenze from what seemed like a decent dealer, I didn’t open the watch yet and wanted to know if they make fakes of this model, and if this watch looks fake to you, spent quite a few bucks on it.

I’m new to the watch game so that could be a learning experience for me.

Thanks in advance

2AF3C65F-3C4B-47C8-BAC4-FFA45047F6AF.jpeg

367B3DA9-614C-4079-919E-5636262BC064.jpeg

I am no expert on these, but any one who is will likely need substantially better (ie show more detail) pictures in order to be of assistance

I am no expert on these, but any one who is will likely need substantially better (ie show more detail) pictures in order to be of assistance
Thanks I appreciate it and will attach more photos on this comment later on

It's not fake, but the dial has been repainted and the case has been heavily refinished in the past. These two things will make the watch less desirable in the eyes of enthusiasts/collectors.

It's not fake, but the dial has been repainted and the case has been heavily refinished in the past. These two things will make the watch less desirable in the eyes of enthusiasts/collectors.
I understand, that’s my first “expensive” watch, I was rocking my grandfathers seiko for a while and wanted to buy a somewhat luxury watch - even if vintage.
It does saddens me that it’s been repainted and refinished, but I’m quite happy it’s at least not a total knock-off.

And for the most important part, I love it on my wrist.

Thank you for looking into it and taking the time to comment on this post!

Best Regards,
Newatchguy 😀

How much would you say this kind of model without the modifications is worth?

To be honest, you might want to consider returning the watch. If you purchased it from a professional dealer or retail store, you should have been informed about the poorly repainted dial, which destroys any collectible value. This is not really a very popular model even when all original, in its current condition, the value is minimal, IMO.

Hi,

That’s bad to hear, unfortunately I’m in Rome and cannot return the watch even if the dealer will agree to.
That sucks.
I hope I will be able to enjoy it for my own use.

Best regards,
To be honest, you might want to consider returning the watch. If you purchased it from a professional dealer or retail store, you should have been informed about the poorly repainted dial, which destroys any collectible value. This is not really a very popular model even when all original, in its current condition, the value is minimal, IMO

I bought it in Il Gioiello In Firenze, if anyone wants to know where NOT to
Buy a watch…

Hi,

That’s bad to hear, unfortunately I’m in Rome and cannot return the watch even if the dealer will agree to.
That sucks.
I hope I will be able to enjoy it for my own use.

Best regards,
Isn't that quite a short train ride? Maybe he has another watch that is better, and you can make an exchange.

I hope you did not pay too much for it. Unfortunate the dealer was not more forthcoming on condition

I hope you did not pay too much for it. Unfortunate the dealer was not more forthcoming on condition
Payed quite a lot regarding the prices I see for the model online, but I’ll take it to the chin and learn from my it, it already kinda f up my last day here.
Money comes and goes but experience stays.

Thanks for everyone for helping me.

Btw,
I still really like it on my wrist… lol

Best regards,

Btw,
I still really like it on my wrist… lol
Take it as a lesson, and enjoy the watch for what it is. If you like it, wear it in good health and make some memories with it.