Forums Latest Members
  1. AlbertAndTed Jan 13, 2017

Hi,
    I have an Omega Geneve cal. 601 hand wind, and usually I can wind it up between 30-50 times before feeling any tension and it'll go for at least a day sometimes 2 days straight keeping perfect time. Recently in the last week or so it will only wind between 10-15 times before theres tension and in the last day it only wound 8 times. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? Should I leave it for a few days and try again? I have always been careful with it and the watch is in great condition for its age, so to my knowledge there is no reason why it should be damaged or anything like that. I don't know a great deal about vintage mechanical watches so thought I'd asked on here.

Cheers.

2017-01-10 16.19.02.jpg

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 13, 2017

When was your last service?

3. AlbertAndTed Jan 13, 2017

I'm not 100% sure. I've only been the owner of it since September

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 13, 2017

Before you potentially do more damage, get it serviced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Willem023, François Pépin and Jwit like this.
  5. François Pépin Jan 13, 2017

When you winded the watch lately, how much time did you wait between 2 windings? Does the watch still keep a good power reserve?
    If you have waited, say, 24 hours and if the power reserve has become low, there is some issue in the winding system or with the mainspring.

But whatever your answers will be, a service would be a good idea!

6. cimo Jan 13, 2017

A few things are possible, the easiest answer would be that you are winding it too frequently. The second is that something is damaged in the movement. The third is that the watch is stopping periodically and therefore the mainspring doesn't have the chance to unwind. Have you noticed the watch losing time? I suggest taking it in for a service to make sure it is in optimal condition.