Forums Latest Members
  1. JamesL1680 May 2, 2019

Hi All,

I have a 105.003-65 that I love, which has service crown. I have located and purchased the correct 7mm flat foot crown and was hoping to do a simple swap, but alas had no such luck. My watchmaker said that it will not fit because the service crown required a different tube, which is incompatible with the original crown.

I wanted to confirm that this is accurate. I have also heard that it is very difficult to find an original crown tube - is that true? If so, is there a way to alter the service crown tube so that an original crown will fit?

I am hoping my sourcing efforts were not in vain...

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

padders likes this.
  2. S.H. May 2, 2019

If this is a simple brass tube, press-fit into the case it is usually not rocket science to fit another tube, even if it needs some custom lathe work.

3. Caliber561 May 2, 2019

If you have a set of calipers to measure the replacement crown then a member here can verify if it is the correct size to fit the Straight Lug Speedy pendant tube.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 2, 2019

Service parts are typically made to fit on the case without such modifications, so from what I can tell there is no tube chance to make a service crown fit. Possible, but very unlikely IMO, so there are some other possibilities here:

1 - Someone has previously change the case tube along with the crown.

2 - The "correct" crown you have located isn't actually correct.

My gut tells me it's #2. The case tube for the 105003 case is part 090ST1301, and it's still readily available from Omega for those with parts access.

Contrary to the post made above, changing this tube is no small feat. These are not just pressed in, but on Speedmasters I can only remember seeing soldered in place tubes...

Cheers, Al