Forums Latest Members
  1. pedrocarlone Jan 23, 2018

Hi folks,
    Was wondering if you could answer me this question. I was considering getting a chronostop driver but the dial is a bit past its best. I saw someone selling a NOS chronostop dial but was wondering if this would fit the driver movement. I understand that the dials are identical (case backs have different digits i know) and just turned 90 degrees. The problem i see arising is the position of the pins in the back of the dial. Are they in a different configuration on the driver face dials and if so would i need to specifically look for one of those?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 23, 2018

Yes - if you look at a driver and non-driver, the relationship between the location of the stem and dial is completely different. The non-driver has the stem position at 4:30 in relation to the 12 o'clock marker on the dial, where the driver is at 12:45 or so...

You would have to either find a driver dial, or have the dial feet removed and refitted to the non-driver dial to make it work properly.

Ideally the driver dial is the best option for that model.

Cheers, Al

pedrocarlone likes this.
  3. pedrocarlone Jan 23, 2018

Thats very informative. Thanks for your knowledge.

4. Yuguar Jul 26, 2018

Can someone help regarding the authenticity of dial and hands...this is only photo I have...white dial not so common but looks original..thing that worries me is second hand. Doesn't look like oem cal.865 hand...or am I wrong ?

Omega Driver 145.010.jpg
  5. JACK G Jul 27, 2018

Dial is fine but second hand should be as this.............

[​IMG]

TNTwatch and whippetman01 like this.
  6. Yuguar Jul 27, 2018

Yes in the mean time i found only two white dials on google. Pretty rare ..all the rest are dark toned...
    What should be realistic price since it lacks bracelet and second hand ...I'm tempted to buy (offer) but clueles concerning amount of Eu paper bank notes that should be in play :-/

7. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 27, 2018

Those driver watches are veeeery cool !

73030AA1-2E9A-4ED1-AE3E-41876D9A2E85.jpeg

Especially on the original leather strap ::love::

TNTwatch, TexOmega and viwa64 like this.
  8. whippetman01 Jul 27, 2018

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 27, 2018

These 34mm Chronostops are very tempting for the newish collector. Bags of 60s quirky charm, close movement ties with the full fat Speedmaster, Ultraman hands, and best of all available for a few hundred quid. Problem is the 34mm size means they often sit unworn in the watch box until finally moved on for something else. Many collectors will tolerate, cherish even, a smaller dress watch but not so many a sports watch. If only Omega had gone with 36 or even 38mm with these they would be true keepers*

* Yes I know they did more conventional 40mm versions but the much higher prices those achieve kind of prove my point.

YMMV and to be fair I never tried a driver orientation one, just the Vanilla versions so perhaps I missed the point!

Edited Jul 27, 2018
  10. lillatroll Jul 27, 2018

I have one and wear it when I have the chance. ( (When home ). It does wear small on my large wrist but I quickly got used to it and enjoy wearing it. I like it for its quirky design.

tikkathree likes this.
  11. tikkathree Jul 27, 2018

There's nothing more than a period feel and look to the now small case. Mind you it looks even smaller on a white rally strap.
    I've been quietly seeking out "that watch with the driver-aligned dial" ever since seeing one in a colour magazine in the 70's.
    Now I'm content. Do I wear it when out for a drive? Are you expecting me to leave the sports chrono at home?
    20180727_112044.jpg 20180727_112030.jpg

12. connieseamaster Jul 27, 2018

Wait...there are 34mm Omega chronographs out there?!?!::book::

13. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 27, 2018

The 321 and 861 movements are only 27mm so they will actually fit a smaller case than that. Chronostops aren't strictly chronographs in the true sense in that they only time to 60s secs and reset when you release the button. I think of them more as a second hand you can stop and start.

connieseamaster likes this.