Forums Latest Members
  1. jmitch7715 Dec 2, 2015

Hey everyone I just recently purchased a new Speedy Pro but becoming very protective of it and not wearing it on a daily bases. I have run across an Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 on ebay i'm very interested in. I know next to nothing about the cosmic line and was looking for some advice. It's a 33mm watch but I have smaller hands so it should look fine on me. The listing has it as a unisex watch but again i'm very new to the cosmic line. The ask is around 800.00 US. Are these hard to come by (I have only find one other on the interest like it) or am I looking in the wrong places. Attached is the listing. Thank you again for all the help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262111809963?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Pvt-Public Dec 2, 2015

I wouldn't buy it just because the seller says "Nice Black Color Dial with Radium Index & Steel with Radium Hands , it has been repainted by an expert to make it look like New & Flawless". No one has used radium in many, many years, at least that I know of. And surely not Omega on a movement from the early 70's. And IMHO I think the asking price is a bit steep.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 2, 2015

Silly price, incorrect hands and a dial like none ever originally found on a Cosmic.

PASS

4. jmitch7715 Dec 2, 2015

That was my thoughts as well. I loved the look of the watch but there were a few things that kept popping up to make me question the watch overall.

5. Lennov Dec 2, 2015

6. Ken G Dec 2, 2015

For what it is, it's way over-priced, in my opinion

As an example: I picked up a Cosmic 2000 (166.0130) a few weeks back for around US$290. I took it to an Omega Service Center for a "Complete Maintenance Service" - I was told the movement was very clean (the watchmaker seemed genuinely surprised and impressed with it). The hands and dial were also in close-to-mint condition. Just the case needed cleaning up and the crystal replacing. And as it came on a non-OEM strap, I ordered a deployant and Omega strap (the AT Golf tan one).

So, the moral being, I think you can get this series of Omegas in original and excellent condition for a lot less than what that seller's pushing for...

A few quick pics (these are before shots - I haven't had it back from service yet):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Delbok, Pvt-Public and PHPHD like this.