Forums Latest Members
  1. Wysie Mar 3, 2017

Hi all,

I finally got my hands on a Omega Dynamic Chronograph recently and have a question around it regarding setting the time. I noticed that if I set the time with the seconds exactly at 0 (or 60), and then push the crown in, after one full revolution (one minute), the minute marker is somehow "lagging" and will only be around 7/8th of the way to the marker. Subsequently it stops lagging but it'll remain 7/8th to the marker every time the seconds hand hits 60. I think they say this is due to gear slack or something?

I read that it can happen with certain watches/movements, and the solution is to set the time exactly on the hour, but with the seconds hand at 45 seconds or even 40 seconds. E.g. If I'm trying to set the time exactly to 12:30, I will set the seconds hand to 45 and then push the crown in when my timing device is at 12:29:45. This way there's a 15 seconds "lead" to make up for the lag. I tried this and it seems to be working fine now.

I've also tried the other method of adjusting past the time I actually want by a minute or two, and then winding it anti-clockwise to the actual time I want. Apparently this is supposed to counter the slack, but in my case this results in the minute hands not moving by almost an entire minute before it starts moving.

The question(s) are:
    1. Is this normal?
    2. Is this a sign to send it for servicing?

Thanks for the help :)!

An obligatory photo :p:

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 3, 2017