Forums Latest Members

Question and thoughts on Speedmaster Broad Arrow w silver dial 321.13.44.50.02.001

1. BuckeyeOmegaMan Feb 1, 2015

I am new here and am new to Omega, so please excuse my questions if they seem strange. I have always been casually into watches and mainly TAG Heuer, but I think I am moving into the Omega world and it is because of this watch. I searched but found almost nothing on this exact model, one guy wanting to but the black version and that is it. I am looking at the silver version pictured below, and it looks like Omega just stopped selling this model since 2014. I have found a few well below retail which seems to be just over $7k but there are a few available around $4k mark.

I wouldn't mind a nicely used one if I could pick it up for a little less, but I am not sure how many years they made this model. Given the price I expect solid manufacturing and performance and I see nothing on the Internet to the contrary. It looks like this was a 44.25 co-axial model, and while not a "Professional" model is is slightly larger which is fine.

I hope to get one, and am currently on the hunt for a decent deal. I see a few in Japan through eBay, and it sounds like as long as they are on the recommended sellers on this forum I am fine. I reached out to one of them listed (mostly positive on this site) and he was giving me a good deal but wanted to just send me a paypal invoice instead of going through eBay. I usually do not do that, but paypal does provide some level of protection to ensure I receive it, but it likely would not be guaranteed to be "as described". Has anyone done that?

Thanks and I look forward to reading through and participating in the forums.

image.jpg
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 2, 2015

I picked one of these up back end of last year for a song. The silver dial is a little much in the flesh I think so I went for the black.

Over all it's a great watch and weighs some too!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OmegaRookie likes this.
  3. BuckeyeOmegaMan Feb 2, 2015

Looks good. I like the look of both myself equally as well. The reason for going with the silver is that most all the other watches I have bought have been black, and as my wife put it they all look the same, so I am personally trying to break from my normal mode of operation. Also, I found what seems like a fairly good price on a silver dial.

4. BuckeyeOmegaMan Feb 2, 2015

Can I ask, do the numerals themselves illuminate in addition to the hands?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 2, 2015

Yes they do, and lume is quiet good on these.

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 2, 2015

I can't do a lune shot as its in the UK.

7. BuckeyeOmegaMan Feb 3, 2015

No problem. Thanks. One more question, at least for now. I did order one and it is en route, I want to have a grey strap custom made to still use the omega deployment clasp. I know the lugs are 20mm (from what I read) but do you or anyone know what size that deployment clasp is? Probably 18mm on it but I want to make sure. I could wait but I would like to get the order in.

8. DaRocStar Mar 7, 2016

I am about to buy the same watch that you have, with the black dial. After a year, do you still like it as much as you did when you first purchased it? Thanks for any information.

9. Perseus Mar 8, 2016

I think it's cool, but it has a bit too much going on the dial for my taste.