Forums Latest Members

Question/Advice Re Shipping/Customs US to EU and Vice Versa

1. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Mar 19, 2017

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a watch based in Spain. As well someone else from EU just approached me about something of mine.
    I've heard many horror stories of watches and watch parts confiscated /indefinitely delayed/custom fee'd up the wazoo when travelling EU-US or the other way around.
    Greatly appreciate any and all thoughts/advice. This is the first place I'll always turn to for that. :thumbsup:

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 19, 2017

Honesty is the best policy when doing paperwork and in valuation. Using insured services like parcel pro and reliable carriers like FedEx is the way to go. Cutting corners and taking risks to save money will end in tears.

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Mar 19, 2017

Appreciate it.
    Now, what if I ever wanted to, say, send a watch or a movement for service /restoration to someone in the EU?

4. Rodmar Mar 19, 2017

I've gotten a few pieces now from EU, and Japan and have had great luck using EMS(USPS).

gemini4 and OMGRLX like this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 19, 2017

That would be a question to ask STS or a US forum member who uses STS. Regarding postal services....don't trust them. I am now speaking from personal and painful experience.

Rodmar and OMGRLX like this.