Forums Latest Members
  1. lostoutpost Apr 20, 2015

watch.jpg
    Okay, I know the photo is bad. I got this at a garage sale this weekend. It is running. The winding wheel is kind of worn and hard to turn, so I can't tell if it is winding or not, so then it stops after a while. Can that be replaced, or are parts hard to get? Any idea what model it is? I am thinking of getting it cleaned to find out the inside info. What is the usual price to have a watch cleaned? Should it have a leather band? At the bottom it says Swiss Made. Thanks.

2. redpcar Apr 20, 2015

Probably should have started a new thread on this. Try and get a better photo and one of the back. Inside case back and movement pictures are a must to determine the exact date and model. Parts are easy to get (at least by our standards). Prices for the movement clean/service/adjust vary by region but you will need to set aside $150+ Tell us the area you live and you should be able to get a few good references for service. Originally came with a leather strap but you can put anything on it you like. I would suggest a nice croc or lizard strap.

3. redpcar Apr 20, 2015

ok. we have a new thread ;)
    Now, some better pics........

4. Drawarms Apr 20, 2015

Great find man, just get it serviced if you want to keep it!

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 20, 2015

Can that be replaced, or are parts hard to get? Yes it can be replaced and it's not hard to get parts.

Any idea what model it is?

What is the usual price to have a watch cleaned?
    300 USD or less

Should it have a leather band?
    Yes it should.

6. lostoutpost Apr 20, 2015

Being a newbie was not sure how to start a new thread. The back of the watch is completely plain flat steel, no markings, which seems odd to me. I didn't feel confident to pry off the back. I live in Southern California, Huntington Beach/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa. Do you suppose it's from the 50"s?

7. redpcar Apr 20, 2015

8. lostoutpost Apr 20, 2015

Very cool. Thanks so much for the make info. If anyone has a good watch repair person in my area, please let me know. I am very pleased the stem winder can be replaced. : )

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

Blank caseback isn't surprising, quite common for many Omegas.

10. redpcar Apr 20, 2015

The correct replacement crown can easily be sourced at ofrei.com
    Your watchmaker could do it in a matter of minutes.

11. lostoutpost Apr 20, 2015

Awesome, thanks!