Forums Latest Members
  1. MTP1 Jan 3, 2017

I recently purchased an Omega Speedmaster with dot over the 90 bezel from a relative's estate. It appears to be in excellent condition and keeps very accurate time; (I have been checking it by using Naval Observatory time.) However, the push buttons do not work. I called a watch repair business in Dallas that works on Swiss watches. I was told that I should send it to Omega for repair since it is a vintage watch. I am somewhat reluctant to do that after reading several articles that said it is very difficult to get Omega to fix only what is wrong and not replace parts that would destroy the value for collectors should I ever sell it. Could anyone give me advise as to where I might send it for repair and not have to worry?

2. Canuck Jan 3, 2017

Perhaps you might have started out by giving us a general idea of where you live?

3. MTP1 Jan 3, 2017

I live near Dallas Texas.

4. cvrle1 Jan 4, 2017

We all like pictures here, so with that in mind....

[​IMG]

:D

Davidt and SpeedyAV like this.
  5. Dash1 Jan 4, 2017

Ditto.

Oh and do not send to Omega for repair!

6. MTP1 Jan 5, 2017

Here is a picture. Hopes it helps.

7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 5, 2017

Don't think the picture worked...

8. mr_yossarian Jan 5, 2017

Really quite a lot new threats..sorry, threads exhibiting eloquence, openness and massive social competence recently.
    It actually starts to smell like asymmetrical warfair against OF. :)

9. Holy moley Jan 5, 2017

Try sending "Archer" a message on WUS (watchuseek.com) website. He repairs Omega watches for a reasonable price. Sounds like your watch just needs a servicing which will run you about $500, if no parts are needed. Archer lives in Canada if that's a problem there is another trusted watch repair in Maryland that may give you a quote (http://thewatchpocketjewelers.com/about-us/) but expect to pay about the same amount.

10. Kmart Jan 5, 2017

You can also just send him a message on here. ;) (@Archer)

Archer likes this.
  11. Tbone Jan 5, 2017

Do NOT give it to the knuckleheads at Omega. Sounds like a beauty. Can't wait to see pictures

dhagema likes this.
  12. MTP1 Jan 5, 2017

Sorry about the delay to retry a picture upload.

_DSC5732-2-2.jpg _DSC5735-2-2.jpg
  13. Buck2466 Jan 5, 2017

Congrats on a very nice 105.012 CB! That particular reference has a unique case with the flat facets on the inner part of the lugs. They are getting harder to find with the facets in unpolished condition. The case looks untouched and sharp. DO NOT let anyone polish the case. It has a very nice patina on the dial as well. I would only have the movement serviced and maybe the crystal replaced with a new authentic Omega one.

ajg1960 likes this.
  14. Holy moley Jan 5, 2017

Oh my, you have a collectable watch there young man. You better post more photo's for Archer look at. He usually replaces the main spring as a routine service because of the age of your watch unless you have a service record. Don't force those buttons or attempt to open it. There should be a very small serial number stamped on the case back lugs. Pictures of the back and of the bracelet clasp and ends where it attaches to the lugs should all have numbers also would help. Sure looks to be in very good condition and if its all original, an appraisal would be a good idea. I could be wrong but I think your talking about a few thousand dollars here.

15. Buck2466 Jan 5, 2017

The serial number is not on the lugs. It is on the movement inside the watch. The watch is probably worth more than a few thousand dollars.;)

Davidt likes this.
  16. repoman Jan 5, 2017

Wow, that case is spectacular!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

17. Holy moley Jan 5, 2017

Just did a quick check and one similar to yours, all original and very good condition and serviced, sold for over $3,500 three years ago!
    Buck2466 is correct, leave it as original and unpolished to get the big bucks if your gonna sell it. If I were you, and didn't need the money,
    I would get it serviced and enjoy wearing it. Its a beauty and you have some history for it. Maybe you should look for the original box and papers.

semper_shells likes this.
  18. Holy moley Jan 5, 2017

OK, what would you value it at?

19. Buck2466 Jan 5, 2017

In today's market, in that condition probably 3-4 times your estimate.

20. Holy moley Jan 5, 2017

Sounds like he needs to get an appraisal from a qualified dealer then.