Forums Latest Members
  1. bieb1 Aug 19, 2014

Dear Forum experts,

I am seeking opinions on the Seamaster script on my "extreme patina" cal. 351 (was also posted in extreme patina thread).

The patina to me looks nice and original, as well as the Omega, automatic and Swiss Made words. But I am wondering about the "Seamaster" word and its placement. It usually is placed below the center, or if above, then the word automatic is placed below the center. Has anyone seen this variation before, with all three words above the center?

I do not have better pictures at this stage, but will post those once I get them. Thanks for looking.

Seamaster patina1.jpg
    Seamaster patina2.jpg
    Seamaster patina3.jpg

Fritz likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 19, 2014

Yes. I believe that this is a correct variation, particularly for center seconds watches.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

bieb1 likes this.
  3. bieb1 Aug 20, 2014

Thank you gatorcpa, much appreciated!

4. bieb1 Aug 22, 2014

The watch was delivered today and it definitely is the real deal. Script is a little flea-bitten, consistent with the overall discoloration and degrading of the dial varnish. It runs, which is a bonus, but probably would do well with a service. Interesting BOR bracelet came with it, something called steelinox swiss made with a deer head logo and the letters GF.
    seamaster patina5.jpg
    seamaster patina7.jpg

quito and davidswiss like this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 22, 2014

The mountain goat is the logo for Gay Freres, who made a lot of OEM metal bracelets for watch companies. Not too many for Omega, so that is likely a high quality aftermarket piece.

Could have been sold with the watch when it was new.
    gatorcpa

chronos and davidswiss like this.
  6. bieb1 Aug 22, 2014

Thanks gator, I was curious about the origin of the bracelet. It certainly feels like good quality and very smooth on the wrist. Unfortunately a couple of sizes too large for me and there is not enough room left in the clasp to shorten further. I cannot see any screws for taking lugs off, so does this mean cutting - which I would prefer not to have to do?

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 22, 2014

Take it to a jeweler, as opposed to a watchmaker. There may be a way to remove some links without cutting. Many bracelets have pins that will slide out of certain links to shorten the bracelet.
    gatorcpa