Forums Latest Members

Question About The Seconds Hand In Poc 9300

1. fooit Mar 25, 2013

Question about the seconds hand - on PO XL 8500 it's big seconds hand that has this smooth mechanical watch movement that I like very much, what about POC 9300? I understand that seconds there is on a small dial at 9 o'clock - can I get the big seconds hand to move in sync?
    Will it decrease the power reserve?
    Thanks!

2. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Mar 25, 2013

You can if you want - it will increase the power usage within the movement, however, this should not be an issue if you wear the watch all the time

All the best,

Chris

3. fooit Mar 25, 2013

Thank you!

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2013

Interestingly it actually won't increase power usage, the mainspring's rate of unwinding is regulated by the balance so its constant irrespective of whether the chronograph is running or not, the only difference is that with the chrono running the power reserve (point where torque provided by the spring is sufficient to keep the watch ticking is no longer enough) is slightly shorter. However if you get to the end of that power reserve and turn the chrono off 1 second before it would have stopped, it'll continue until the normal end of the power reserve as per normal.

So yea, no increased use of the mainspring's potential energy.

5. ulackfocus Mar 25, 2013

You have to depress the start pusher when the subdial second hand hits 12 to sync both large and small hands.