Forums Latest Members
  1. JD754 May 3, 2014

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 3, 2014

Its a fairly solid watch, bezel, bracelet and dial are correct, hands don't jump out at me as replaced but I'm not providing an assurance that they're not either. It looks like a fairly honest watch to me.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 4, 2014

Might have to budget for service. Case sides appear polished and case back looks "soft" on the edge. Not loving the engraving on the buckle but I guess if you want to remove some metal you can have it removed. Those are the negatives.
    The positives include a nice DON bezel, and I bet that dial looks great in the sun if it's beginning to fade to chocolate. Hands look right to me, and I have read that hands may appear newer even when they're original.
    Price seems reasonable with a correct style bracelet. Make an offer using real numbers. The seller is practically inviting an offer in the ad, but I have found the seller to be stubborn on price before. The seller is trustworthy from what I have read.

Spacefruit likes this.
  4. JD754 May 4, 2014

Thanks for the feedback here - I appreciate the help!

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 4, 2014

Just an added thought: I am REALLY appreciating the value of a DON bezel and a 1039 bracelet. The full-length 1039 with 516 ends averages $750 (I just bought two, one for $800, another for $700-how's that for supporting evidence!) I believe (after searching 2 months) that the DON bezel can only be found on other Speedies. I know this isn't true but it seems that way.
    Good luck!

6. repoman May 4, 2014

7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 6, 2014

So Yuzh bumped his Speedy. Did you decide against it?

8. JD754 May 6, 2014

I did put an offer in but it looks like the price is firm. I'm debating the polished case back and engraving vs the dial and bezel which look great to me. I'm relatively new to this so I think I'm still trying to get over that worry that a better one's going to pop up as soon as I buy!

9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 7, 2014

Stop worrying about that.... it WILL happen. ::bleh::

10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 7, 2014

Sounds familiar. Odd he addressed offers in his ad.
    You do seem to have a clear understanding of how the hunt is conducted: the desire rages while a good example dangles like a carrot, waiting for you to pull the trigger. It remains in your crosshairs for an eternity, the only example of the breed that comes close to what you truly desire. Finally, when the trigger is pulled, it sounds an alarm. The next example goes to market, slightly better, slightly cheaper. You struggle to get it in your crosshairs, woozy from your recent capture, only to read an "incoming" thread asking "how did I do?"
    Shaken, you prepare for the next capture while the recent acquisition is dressed in a variety of different straps and bracelets, trying to distract you from the next one...

TLIGuy, NT931, lando and 3 others like this.
  11. JohnSteed May 7, 2014

Seller trustworthy and helpful, I've found, in my one transaction with him.

I'm certainly going back to him for my next Speedy ... When that time comes.

IMHO Speedy in the op very nice!! Love the dial. If I hadn't purchased this same reference, this example is one I would jump on!

Other items hiighted above give a detailed assessment of photos you really otherwise May not know ... So you know what you're buying and know how to evaluate the photos.

TLIGuy likes this.
  12. NT931 May 7, 2014

Same here. I bought my Reverso Duo from Kirill and the sale worked out very smoothly with clear communications.

13. Unwound May 7, 2014

Time Exposure,

And here is how it ends for me. Finally moving up in vintage purity to the point where the watch is so clean it's lacks the caricature that's makes many of these vintages watches so fun. And of course it's now too irreplaceable to wear outside for any activity so it sits in the safe, until it is sold for one more fun as a daily wearer.

A never ending game of Cat and Mouse.

Time Exposure and Spacefruit like this.
  14. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 7, 2014

Ah yes. The point at which you wear white lint-free gloves to gingerly (and rarely) handle your prey.
    Somewhere there is a happy place in the hobby, and some are foolish enough to believe they have arrived there...

15. John R Smith May 7, 2014

I would never buy a watch that I would not be able to wear. Or a camera that I could not use. Or a guitar that I could not play. Safe queens are not for me . . . but I do like what I purchase to be tidy :cool:

repoman, Hijak, Darlinboy and 2 others like this.
  16. JohnSteed May 7, 2014

remember to let us know what you decide to do ;)

17. JD754 May 7, 2014

Umm....incoming!

NT931, repoman and JohnSteed like this.
  18. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 7, 2014

HE SHOOTS!! HE SCORES!!!
    Premature congrats! Here's the checklist to satisfy our cravings:
    1) Incoming Thread
    2) Pictures (must include a wristie)
    3) Blame or Thanks as appropriate :)

19. Davidt May 7, 2014

Yeah I agree completely. If I had a pristine 2915, unopened in a factory sealed box, I'd end up opening it and slapping it on the old wrist. I'd rather have one in nice, crisp, original but gently used condition that I can wear (carefully!).

20. JD754 May 7, 2014

Haha being Canadian, I love the hockey reference! I'd like to give a premature thanks as well to everyone and I can't wait to post some pictures on a new thread when I get it!

...I think I'm going to wear it on a different strap - any suggestions? :)