Forums Latest Members

Question about Servicing Vintage Pieces at Zenith in Switzerland

1. Zuke Nov 25, 2015

HI

Does anyone have experience with sending vintage pieces to Zenith in Switzerland for servicing? Specifically I'm wondering how they are at keeping a vintage piece as original as possible (if requested by the owner). I've heard horror stories about certain manufacturers replacing everything including dials and hands, not to mention case polishing. As I'm sure many of you can appreciate I want to keep my watch as original as possible. Before sending it away I wanted to find out from our members if you've had a positive or negative experience.

One of the problems that I have with the piece in question is that it needs a new plexi and the only way I can get a new OEM plexi is by sending it away. Otherwise I'm sure my regular repair person would be able to service the movement.

The wait time is also going to be the killer - I've been told it's approximately 4-6 months after they receive it. Yikes!!!!

Thanks
    J

2. mappleluna Nov 25, 2015

Hi

Just serviced a a386 2weeks ago. I told them not to touch any parts or if needed I wanted to keep them. They proceeded so. They changed the hands that's it. No Polish. But be insistant on the fact that you want nothing but a movement service and leave written instructions . For me it worked! 3 months after the primero is perfect. Hope it will work for you too.

Bienne2998 likes this.
  3. Bienne2998 Nov 25, 2015

I am glad to hear you finally found your A386... congratulations! Seing a picture pre and post service would be great...:)

mappleluna likes this.
  4. Zuke Nov 25, 2015

Thank you for the info. Congrats on your A386!

3 Months only - that's pretty good.

5. Zuke Nov 25, 2015

Has anyone sent a watch in to the Canadian LVMH service centre in Richmond Hill? I'd love to drop my watch off and avoid any potential issues with the Postal Service. But for some strange reason they do not allow you to do this.

6. haga888 Nov 26, 2015

I think you could just bring it to an AD to send to Cda LVMH. I don't think they work on vintage pieces there and will send it back to the mothership but clarify with them. I did the same thing, unfortunately, the AD thought they'd be smart and send it to "their" watchmaker so I took them back. Still haven't bothered to send them in.

7. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Nov 27, 2015

John Bouwman is only in Burlington, you can walk up to the store and go in and deal with the watchmaker who will do the work.

A good option...

8. mappleluna Nov 27, 2015

Hi

Wearing it today. What a great watch! Perfect size, magical design, even the sound produced by the primero is hypnotic. So faaaaasssttt! And this one is just truly unpolished, case is so sharp. Love it!

As specified, hands have been replaced, Date wheel, pushers and Crown too. If someone has an original crown for sale... Thé only missing part except for the bracelet.

Sorry for the poor picture

1448625260061-1036674952.jpg

9. haga888 Nov 27, 2015

Nice clean dial. Congrats.

10. nicolas07 Nov 29, 2015

Very clean dial indeed!
    Congrats :)

mappleluna likes this.