Forums Latest Members

Question about scratches on Omega Mark II sunburst finish

1. Watchdoc123 Oct 27, 2018

i have an Omega reissue Mark II. It is a beautiful watch. I am careful with it but I have a few scratches on the bezel on the sunburst finish. I can live with them. However, short of sending it out for a watch repair using a lapping machine to buff the sunburst to new, is there anything I can do to blend/hide the scratches so that they are not as noticeable? I wondered what others on the forum have done. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. bama2141 Oct 27, 2018

Anything you do will not perfectly match the original finish, and may well be more of a distraction.

Prior to actually sending one of mine (vintage) out to be relapped I experimented with one of the scratch pen sets. With a light touch, you can be somewhat successful, but certainly not perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KX7D5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For a new watch like your Reissue, I'd advise living with what you have, then addressing the scratches at the next service. I'm sure Omega would do a fine job touching up the case at that point.

Watchdoc123, Archer and ConElPueblo like this.