Forums Latest Members

Question About Omega Complete Service

1. Craw10718 Dec 8, 2016

Hey Guys,

I own a seamaster 120m from the late 90s, and would like to get it serviced. I took it by the omega boutique and was quoted $450 for the service, which I felt was fair. One thing I forgot to mention at the time is that the clasp has worn out, (it won't close). My question is, does the Omega Complete Maintenance Service include replacement of that part, or are they going to charge me extra for replacement? I can afford it if it's built into the service but if they tack on $300 or something then that gets a little steep. Thanks everyone for your help.

2. OhMegaMan Dec 8, 2016

Im pretty sure they will charge extra for it. I got a mid 90s omega full serviced at Omega Serv Center. When i asked if I could have the clasp replaced as well, it was extra I had to pay. So the service only covers the watch engine & polish (if wanted). The rest is treated as accessories which you will have to pay if replacement is needed. Hope that helps.

3. Craw10718 Dec 8, 2016

Thanks OhMegaMan, I figured they probably would, I'm going to take it there and just ask them again but if anyone else wants to chime in with their insight and experience I appreciate it

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 9, 2016

You will be charged for a clasp. On a late 90s SM120m it will likely be around £65/$90 depending on the bracelet type based on my experience here in the U.K.

5. Craw10718 Dec 9, 2016

well if it ends up being $90, I can deal with that. I've just heard of Omega charging some people $300 for a new clasp which to me seemed obscene. I think that may have been a vintage one.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2016

Provide the bracelet reference and I'll see what a new clasp costs...

7. Craw10718 Dec 9, 2016

Not sure if this is it, but the small number right near the clasp says 328