Forums Latest Members
  1. Shee Apr 27, 2018

I recently received my grandfather’s watch and was searching all over to learn something about printed logo on the back. All the watches that I have found similar to mine have the seamaster logo engraved. Would anyone be able to tell me more bout this?

01490688-783B-4431-AEC3-4F3D07A47025.jpeg
    Edited Apr 27, 2018
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 27, 2018

Really?

If you can't be bothered taking a decent photograph.....................................

Just looking at that makes me think it might be an Omega, or it might not.

Read this and try again and we can give you some sound advice.

To quote:

When you have a vintage Omega that you would like to get some information about, whether you've found something you like on eBay or for sale locally, have had it for 50 years, or recently inherited it from a family member or friend, we welcome you to create a new thread in the Vintage Omega Forum topic and a number of Omega vintage enthusiasts will likely be able to offer assistance. For the best results in your inquiry, we highly recommend considering the following points:

1: Post Quality Pictures

We cannot stress enough how important it is to post multiple, high quality, clear photographs of the watch in question from as many angles as possible, the most important being the dial, caseback (inside and out) and crown side. The amount of assistance people are able to give is directly related to the number and quality of photographs provided.

All members are able to upload images directly to the forum and the mechanism for doing so is fairly straight forward.

2: What Can You Tell Us?

Please give as much detail on what you do currently know about the piece as is possible, including (if possible) where it came from, how long you've had it, when it was last serviced, even if you are guessing, the more pieces to the puzzle there are the easier it is to assemble the full picture.

3: How Can We Help You?

Please give a clear idea of the information you are after, whether it be identification, dating, model numbers, servicing / maintenance / restoration advice or even ballpark valuations.

4: Is It Owned Or Being Considered?

Let us know whether this is a watch you ALREADY own or a watch you are CONSIDERING purchasing, as generally a watch someone already owns will be treated in a more gentle fashion, while a watch that is "under consideration" should be assessed with a more critical eye. In other words let us know whether you are looking for responses with an aim to identify potential, or with an aim to identify defects.

We may edit this at a later date, but following these four points should give you the best chance possible of getting the information and help you are seeking.

In closing, please remember that any information given here is based on our available resources. Personal opinion may also be involved since we're only human. Valuations will be approximate and usually related to recent sales histories of similar watches - they are not appraisals suitable for any official purpose.

Shee likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 27, 2018

Mid 80’s gold plated quartz piece by the look of it but need some info.

Shee likes this.
  4. Shee Apr 28, 2018

From what I was told it’s a omega seamaster cal 1430. The serial number is 4769353. The back is pretty scratched up. I’m not sure what else to say about it, besides that I currently have this watch in my possession.

My question was more specifically about the back. I didn’t find any images on google with the back printed, most were engraved.

Any information about what this watch would sell for would be great as well.

I appreciate any information, thank you!

09015418-449D-4F09-AA8F-4B12B9A6E445.jpeg 8BE519DA-7E30-474C-B246-939102989F97.jpeg 02E615A2-762F-4E54-8712-CCF465D75059.jpeg
    Edited Apr 28, 2018
    JimInOz likes this.
  5. chronoboy64 Apr 28, 2018

crazy thread, I wonder why the OP doesn´t serve the front pics first. No watch of interest btw.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 28, 2018

It wouldn't sell for much. Quartz pieces from the late 70’s to 80’s are fairly unloved. It’s also not solid gold as far as I can tell.

Shee likes this.
  7. Shee Apr 28, 2018

Thanks Foo2rama

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 28, 2018

Much better pictures :thumbsup:.

Omega was like many other Swiss manufacturers in the 1970s/1980s, all affected by the quartz crisis and desperately trying to save money.
    A stamped metal caseback with an acid etched logo was considerably cheaper to produce than a machined equivalent.

Your watch is exactly what it says on the dial, an Omega Seamaster Quartz and based on the serial number (which is missing a digit) from about 1984 +- 5.
    The actual model number will be stamped on the inside of the caseback.

Value? About the same a a bottle of mid range single malt.

Shee and Foo2rama like this.
  9. Shee Apr 28, 2018

Your comment about the pictures got me laughing haha.
    I was also wondering about the digits, since it seems like one was missing.

JimInOz, thank you for information!

10. roadsternet Apr 28, 2018

It`s a lovely watch,and with Grandfathers background so importend for you.
    Please hold it in good hands :)

Shee and Foo2rama like this.
  11. Shee Apr 29, 2018

Thanks roadsternet, I plan to keep it close.