Forums Latest Members
  1. Cordova May 21, 2020

Good evening OF users, I present you my Jaeger with caliber 285 ::shy::.
    I open this discussion to clarify ideas if the watch in question has a big problem.
    The watch has been in my possession for a long time, last year I made a review from my watchmaker, last week I noticed a problem.
    That is that the chronograph hands are moved 4 seconds after 3 months of non-use, also when I press the chronograph start button this makes a complete turn and then stops if I do not operate the chronograph everything works perfectly (i.e. gives the time exact).

All this because I got scared and can't go to the watchmaker because of Covid. Jaeger 285 2.JPG Jaeger 285.JPG Jaeger 3.JPG Jaeger 4.JPG I inserted two photos of the dial (reprinted :whipped:) and two photos of the movement made now, I hope I have not violated any regulation or wrong section if I apologize.
    Yours sincerely, Francisco.

Thommas likes this.
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 21, 2020

Hello Francisco, welcome to the forum.
    All my sympathies about the COVID problem- I am in Paris and we’re barely exploring a timid way out.
    Sorry I don’t know about your question but I’m sure with a bit of patience some knowledgeable people would advise.
    For added visibility you may want to change your title to have « question about Jaeger Cal. 285 ».

Also you may want to post a link to this query in the UG subforum— considering if I’m not mistaken this Jaeger caliber is also a Martel caliber used in Universal Geneve chronographs of the same period?

best wishes,
    S

3. Cordova May 21, 2020

Hi Sirte thanks for the advice, I hope this virus will end soon.
    Best regards