Forums Latest Members

Question about Hands on Modern Railmaster

1. TotoroInFlight Aug 2, 2015

Hi friends,

Long time lurker, first time poster! Thanks for all your sharing of knowledge. I tried searching in various forums about this but couldn't find anything.

I've been considering the recently discontinued Railmaster, but am confused that even though it's an Aqua Terra disguised to look like an older-style Railmaster, it has the broad arrow hand on the minute hand and not the hour hand. Why is this? I thought the original Railmaster (though it had some hand variations) consistently had the broad arrow hour hand. Is this simply because modern Seamasters (the line that the modern Railmaster technically belongs to) often have broad arrow minute hands?

Thanks very much!

2. Df13 Aug 2, 2015

Yeah, the more recent Railmaster isn't really all that similar to the original Railmaster, although I think it holds its own as one of the better looking Omegas ever made.

If anything, the new Seamaster 300 Master looks more like the original Railmaster, which is why some expect there to eventually be a new Railmaster coming in the future.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 3, 2015

The current Railmaster hands are a correct representation of the model (or one of them).

They came with a number of hand configurations.

@mondodec provided a very good explanation here.

Df13 likes this.
  4. Df13 Aug 3, 2015

Interesting! I hadn't seen the arrow minute hand version. Thanks!