Forums Latest Members
  1. usfpaul82 Nov 1, 2015

Hello all. I am considering picking up a First Omega in Space Speedmaster. Wanted to get some thoughts from current owners. I have small wrists, 6.5". I have a speedy pro and at times I feel it is a tad big for me, but I still absolutely enjoy wearing it. I know the FOIS is listed at a few mm smaller, but how does that translate on the wrist. Do you all think there is a noticeable difference in wrist presence in the Pro vs. the FOIS? The smllaer size is the main selling point for me due to my wrist size, but if it is going to wear essentially the same as my Pro then I may pass on it. I don't really have a place local to go check one out.

2. Lew Archer Nov 1, 2015

Yes, it makes a difference. It's easiest to see in person, side by side. For me, it's the difference between a very good fit (the Speedmaster Professional) and a perfect fit (the FOIS).

And I love the Moonwatch. Mine is from the 1970s and belonged to my father. A sentimental favorite. But, just for aesthetics of ideal sizing, I prefer the FOIS.

Here are photos...I chose to use the photo of Moonwatch on a black strap rather than on its original bracelet to remove the variable of comparing a watch on a strap to one on a bracelet.

Hope that helps...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Nov 1, 2015
  3. Rockmastermike Nov 1, 2015

I agree with livesimply11 - the FOIS does wear smaller. The bezel on the FOIS extends over the case and the Pro bezel is inline with the case, if that makes sense. Couple that with the different lugs and the FOIS indeed is more "stylish" on the wrist and not as "toolish" as the 2570
    Not saying "toolish" is bad, it just depends on what you're going for.

Also, there are slight differences in the dial markers as you can see below

The Crown on the FOIS is slimmer, too due to not having the crown protectors that the Pro has

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Nov 1, 2015
    hansmaulwurf and Lew Archer like this.
  4. usfpaul82 Nov 1, 2015

Thank you all for the responses and the nice pictures. What about the lug to lug measurement. Is that different between the two?

5. Rockmastermike Nov 1, 2015

Good luck with the choice. Both are winners in their own right

6. yinzerniner Nov 1, 2015

I think a good amount of the FOIS looking smaller can be attributed to the straight lugs vs the twisted lugs of the Speedy Pro. the 1st and 3rd pics by @Rockmastermike really illustrate the profile differences.
    So if you feel the Speedy Pro is too large then the FOIS might fit the bill perfectly. Best of luck.

7. NT931 Nov 1, 2015

I have a 6.3" wrist, and having tried the regular speedy 3570 and the FOIS, I can definitely say the FOIS wears a bit smaller. It is definitely a better fit on the wrist for my slim wrist.

8. Moonwatch78 Nov 2, 2015

I can't add much to what has been said but I've just bought a FOIS to compliment my Speedy 145023-78. The advice from this forum was invaluable. I have 6.75'' wrist so both sit nicely but definitely the FOIS has a lighter, slimmer look mainly due to the shape of the lugs and slimmer pushers IMO.Its a beautiful watch and hasn't been off my wrist since I got it a week or so back. I do think you'll find it a slimmer, slightly lighter fit but good luck in what you do