Forums Latest Members

question about compatibility of Omega hands on... another brand

1. teenagediplomat Nov 14, 2014

Please don't run me out for thinking this or having the gall to ask but.. There are a few sets of complete PLOPROF hands currently for sale on the bay, and I was wondering if anyone knew (because the seller doesn't know) if Omega hands would fit/be compatible on the modern run of Squale dive watches.. for those of us who aren't ready for vintage PLOPROF pricing and can't shake the fever we have for that orange arrow minute hand...

2. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 14, 2014

Hi!
    The diameter of the tube/stem the hands connect to on the movement is your first thing to look for.
    There are a multitude of variations. Look up your movements on Ranfts fantastic site http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk
    Then you can find the diameter of the hole for the hands for the movement in question.
    If these match, then you can assume that they might fit the movement of your watch.
    The next step or obstacle is of course the length of the hands. These should be checked to see if they match as well.
    And then there are surely more obstacles I can not come to think of right now.
    So, it MIGHT be possible, but there are many issues to verify first.

Good luck!
    ;)

teenagediplomat and JimInOz like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 14, 2014

$$$$ anything can fit.;)

4. teenagediplomat Nov 17, 2014

it appears the hands i want are above and the hands i have are below :/ Screen shot 2014-11-17 at 9.05.26 PM.png