Forums Latest Auctions Members

Question about Bvlgari / Bulgari

1. capri

capri Jan 17, 2018

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask how does Bvlgari/Bulgari stand compared to other watch brands? and if it is worth the price?
    I know such thing as 'watch brand ranking' doesn't really exist, but I hope you get what I am trying to say.

I recently came across Bvlgari Octo Finissimo and it looks very very nice. Kinda resembles AP's Royal Oak and PP's Naut. models. But it seems to retail for 13k+ USD. For that price point I would think of JLC, Zenith, Omega, Rolex, etc. Also they seem to make high-end complication pieces with Tourbillons and minute repeaters combined. (https://timeandtidewatches.com/video-bulgari-boss-brought-750k-watches-office-day-two-bodyguards/). But I am not sure if Bvlgari as a 'watch brand' has such high value. I still think Bvlgari more of a jewelry and fragrance brand.

I have just recently got into horology so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge as well as my poor English skills as it is my second language.

2. redpcar

redpcar Jan 17, 2018

Owned by Louis Vuitton (LVMH). Same as Tag Heuer, Zenith and Hublot. I view Bulgari as jewelry. Different heritage than Heuer or Zenith. Hublot, no comment ;)
    My $.02

Stewart H likes this.
  3. Foo2rama

Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 17, 2018

Mid ground... like Cartier kinda straddling the divide but more jeweler then watch maker compared to Cartier.

4. sjg22

sjg22 Jan 17, 2018

The new ones look nice.

My first mechanical watch happened to be a Bvlgari Scuba Diagono chronograph. I still actually like the look of it, but....

It’s not been reliable. That watch uses a basic ETA movement and it seems to always have an issue. Perhaps the new stuff is better, but this has been my experience.

5. capri

capri Jan 18, 2018

Thank you all for the responses

6. Larry S

Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 18, 2018

They have won some prizes recently but still a jeweler primarily.

7. akshayluc420

akshayluc420 Jan 18, 2018

Wivac likes this.