Forums Latest Members

Question about buying bracelet for my Seamaster 300m 2018

1. hkpm Apr 25, 2019

I have the new seamaster 300m, black dial with sedna gold and rubber straps.
    I didn't buy the one with bracelet with gold because the price is too high and I thought I could always buy the stainless steel bracelet later.
    But I found out it was not the case.

When I visited my local BT and asked about the stainless steel bracelet,
    the associate said they could not sell the stainless steel bracelet to me and they could only sell the one with gold to me as it is the only official matching style.

Is this true to all BT?

2. chum_2000_uk Apr 25, 2019

Get the actual part number of the bracelet you want, ring an OB or two and get them to send it to you. My nearest OB (London) has been great supplying me with bracelet parts and quotes for potential purchases on request.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. mancio Apr 25, 2019

Ask for the bracelet you want at on OB and don't specify that you have the Steel/gold watch and you'll be fine

Foo2rama and chum_2000_uk like this.
  4. hkpm Apr 25, 2019

When I email Omega and asked for the parts number (the bracelet on 210.30.42.20.06.001). They redirected it to my local BT.
    They did provide the parts number, for those interested,
    Spare Parts No. : O020STZ010100
    Description : BRAC 210 ST 42 SATIN-POLISH

but specified the following
    "Please be advised that we do not sell accessories (such as straps, buckles or bracelet) directly to end-consumers. End-consumers should bring along their watch to our Service Centre for any accessories replacement where the new accessory will be fitted onto the watch and replace the old one. "

So I guess now I should go oversea during a trip, hopefully they have it in stock and buy one.....

5. chum_2000_uk Apr 26, 2019

If I were you I'd Google a few omega boutiques in your country, ring them up and say something like "I've just bought a new seamaster pro, but it had the rubber strap... I really want the bracelet on it now, could I buy one please." Whatever they say back to you just say its the stainless steel watch, I have the part number of the bracelet I want....

See how you get on, because that's basically what I did with an adjustable clasp the other day, and then a Speedmaster bracelet for my seamaster. They went ahead and ordered the clasp for me, and when they got it in they wanted we to come to the OB for them to fit it, so I said firmly "I'm too far away to actually come into the shop to fit it, I need it sent to me please, I'm more than comfortable fitting it myself I've had loads of these watches in the past and am more than capable of screwing bracelet parts together etc." They said that's absolutely fine, we'll email you the invoice so you can pay by bank transfer and we'll get it sent out to you.

They were great, they didn't even charge me for postage and they included some other endlinks to adapt to older pin and collar bracelets, and loads of new pins and screws! I was very impressed and happy with their service.

As I said, they've also given me a quote for a speedy bracelet as I gave them the part number, I told them I wanted to put this on my SMPc... They are more than happy to take £500 of my money for that!

I'm not saying every OB would be so great... But based on my experience, it can't totally be company policy to not supply bracelet parts at all. Yes they went on initially about me needing to come in for them to fit, but then when I said I was too far away and need it sent out to me they didn't quibble that.

6. FlyingSnoopy Apr 26, 2019

You could also try an AD in your hometown or abroad
    Cheers

7. hkpm Apr 26, 2019

Thanks guys.

As I am living in Hong Kong (small place), all boutiques are under the same management.
    I could try an AD first before going abroad, but I guess I would get the same answer.

8. texasmade Apr 26, 2019

The Houston OB was more than happy to sell me a Speedy racing bracelet for my FOIS. I told them I wanted to put the FOIS on a bracelet, they pulled out the catalog, and showed me my options. I told them which bracelet I wanted along with the endlinks (I already knew the part number I wanted but wanted to see what other options there were). They ordered it and I paid when I picked it up. No fuss on not owning a Speedmaster Racing.

9. Bimmerman77 Apr 26, 2019

I usually just call the omega service center in Nj. They’ve always sent me replacement parts as long as I have the parts number. Not like hands and such, but bracelets and claps

Edited Apr 26, 2019